Help needed - Jakarta Hotel reviews

Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Nguyen Quoc[_2_]

Default Help needed - Jakarta Hotel reviews

We will be staying three nights in Jakarta and being mindful of
traffic jams and errant taxi-drivers, we are looking at good and
reasonably-priced hotels to stay. Based on TripAdvisor's reviews, we
narrowed down to Novotel Mangga Dua Hotel, Hotel Ibis Mangga Dua
Jakarta,Hotel Ibis Kemayoran Jakarta,Ibis Jakarta Arcadia Hotel,
Formule 1 Menteng, Ibis Slipi. There appears to be downsides on each
of these hotels. What do you think is the best in terms of comfort,
food(Chinese food) and closeness to landmarks?

Another thing, we are recommended to take blue taxis - is it good to
go with meter or bargained price?

Thank you in advance.
http://www.waytovietnam.com Vietnam vacation, vietnam
resort
http://www.tracevietnam.com Saigon Travel Guide
http://www.waytohalong.com Halong Cruise, Cruise Halong bay Vietnam
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
A Mate[_2_]

The hotel that is closest to where you will spend most time!

Metered taxis. Those vultures will out-bargain you any day!