Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

Old December 16th, 2003, 04:01 AM
bob

Default Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

Sorry for all the useless answers, but if, as they say, 50% of all email on
the net is spam, then one can probably draw a parellel and say that 50% of
the people on usenet are idiots.

Thailand is incredibly safe, in practically all areas, save for a few nasty
border regions. As far as money is concerned, the cost of travel is
ridiculously cheap, and you can stuff you face for less than a loony. Guest
houses are also comparitiveky inexpensive, as is local bus and train travel.

Bob

--

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I am planning to go to Thailand for a month in February. How much
money do I need? I want to visit Bangkok as well as most of the country.

am planning to go there alone ( I was originally planning to go there with
my girlfriend but we broke up). Is Thailand dangerous for a white man?

Is
there some place to avoid?

Thanks,

Richard

Old December 16th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Richard

"Tchiowa" a écrit dans le message de
m...
"Richard" wrote in message

"Markku Grönroos" a écrit dans le message de

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
news.com...
In article ,
says...

I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a

white
man!
As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are

often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people.

am
from Canada.

Just explain to the locals that you are not American.

But he is! Canadians are Americans for sure.

Canadians are not Americans at all! Canada was against going to

war
against Irak. A vast majority of Canadians were and still are against

the
war in Irak. Canada is a social democrat country.

Sorry, but it looks like you just gave yourself away with the use of
the spelling "Irak". You're not Canadian. You're Quebecois. And, like
the French, are not very well loved outside the French speaking world.

Yes I am a French Canadian. I may make a few mistakes in English but
as you may know most Canadian English do not speak French so I am much
better than them.. As far as not being like by English Canadian, it does
not matter in the discussion. In Canada every poll show that a vast
majority of people are against the war of Iraq, not only French Canadian.
It is also a fact that Canada did not want to participate in the war. As a
matter of fact most countries in the world are againts that war. Even in
England, the majority of people are against the war, so you see it has
nothing to do with the fact that I am a French Canadian.

Richard

Old December 16th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Miguel Cruz

Jarema wrote:
As far as I remember there aren't too much Muslims in Thailand...

There are in the very south but like pretty much everywhere else, they're
perfectly nice to tourists.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 16th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Richard

"Richard" wrote in message

[...]

better than them.. As far as not being liked by English Canadian, it does

Old December 16th, 2003, 03:59 PM
claudel

In article ,
Richard wrote:

"claudel" a écrit dans le message de

Richard wrote:

[...]

Besides, Americans can actually spell complicated words such as "Iraq"

Claude

In French Iraq is spell Irak. I only made a small mistake. It

does
not change anything to what I have written. Can you write in French

without
making mistake?

Why would I want to?

Claude

Because languages are molds for the thought. They allow the brain to see
the world from different angles. In addition you could read news in French
and see what people thinks in other countries. There is nothing wrong to
know more.

Richard

Really?

Why French?

Why not a language that is relevant to the world?

Claude

Old December 16th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Gary Fritz

"Markku Grönroos" wrote: