Tasmania-Launceston

Old February 5th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Piper

Default Tasmania-Launceston

Hi...while I'll be in Melbourne,I'd like to spend 3 days in wonderful Tassy!
I know,3 days aren't enough,but we have only from friday (thursday
evening),until sunday,we just want to have a taste of Tassy....so...I need
your help!
I saw that the cheapest way to get there is catching the Spirit of
Tasmania,115AUD one way. The virginblue is just a bit more expensive,but the
ship is cool because we can travel by night wiyhout wasting a day. I thought
to spend the 3 days in the north east zone:staying in Launceston.
Ok,so...what we can do/see from there? Cradle Mountain? There's a public bus
or we have to catch a coach tour? Any suggestions will be appreciate!!

Veronica

Ah....at the beginning of march.

Old February 5th, 2004, 03:09 AM
David Bennetts

A very brief trip so don't try doing too much in the time.
You can find all the info you want just by doing a google search.

www.google.com

Also look at http://www.tigerline.com.au/timetables/new_page_1.htm for times
of regular coach services betwern Launceston and Devonport to Cradle
Mountain.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old February 5th, 2004, 01:40 PM
sassie

Originally posted by Piper
[...]

Hi Veronica. a few suggestions for you in and around
launceston. Cataract Gorge which is right in the heart of the city
would be worth a visit. Theres Lots of nice walks there, including a
suspension bridge, chairflits, swimming pool, cafes, etc. The Penny
Royal Mill (which is a bit touristy and expensive) but always an option.
If you have transport, yes cradle mountain is well worth the visit.
Also the east coast of Tassy is quite nice, i.e. St Helens down to
Bicheno. the east coast is about a 2 hour drive from Launceston.