Carmel accommodations

Old September 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Carmel accommodations

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in message

"PeterL" wrote in message
On Sep 12, 9:35 am, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
"PeterL" wrote in message

On Sep 11, 5:35 pm, melanieca wrote:

Hello fellow travelers.
Headed to Carmel this weekend for a wedding and need place to stay for
one night. Want to keep it to $150 or less. Any recommendations? I
remember going this time last year and there were many places to
choose from for good rates but I just did an internet search and
doesn't look that way. Advice from locals and veterans very welcome!
Thanks in advance
Melanie

Try staying in Monterey instead. Lots of motels off the freeway. We
stayed at a place south of Carmel for less than $100. But if you must
stay in town, be prepared to pay.

**************
Clarification, please. There is nothing I know south of the Carmel river
less than $100 until you hit the Hearst Castle/San Simeon area. There is
number of places greater than $100, including Highlands Inn
(http://tinyurl.com/53hfl4) and the Tickle Pink inn
(http://www.ticklepinkinn.com/) . I wait to be enlightened.

Familiar with the use of Priceline?

You are welcome.

**********
Peter -

Glad you are still around. Well, Priceline is like a broker, is it not?
A discount broker? I mean Priceline does not own the place where you
stayed for less than $100, does it? Priceline does not manage the place
where you stayed, does it? So where is this mysterious place south of
Carmel where you stayed for less than $100 such that you mention it
unnamed here on this newsgroup? Why the reluctance to divulge this
information? What exactly is the name of this establishment south of
Carmel where you say you stayed for less than $100?

Went to Priceline - cheapest place listed is (two star) Best Western
Carmel's Town House Lodge for $109 in Carmel itself.
http://tinyurl.com/5s8mhy Nothing - repeat nothing - listed under $100
south of the Carmel River, which is the Carmel Highlands area. In fact,
nothing at all listed under $100 in the Carmel-Carmel Valley area.
http://tinyurl.com/5e3cd2

Went to "Name Your Own Price" part of Priceline. No Carmel-Carmel
Valley - only Marina-Seaside and Monterey-Pacific Grove can be selected.
http://tinyurl.com/5h7sk4

hmmm...are you sure you used Priceline? Or are you just tossing us a red
herring?

Peter? Peter? You there, Peter? You've been awfully quiet since my
9/15/2008 posting of my checking out Priceline as per availability of rooms
south of Carmel.

So were you just funning us with that Priceline red herring? Or was your
less than $100 a night room south of Carmel something like - you know - 20
or more years ago? Please elucidate as per the exact name of this place of
yours because I for one would love to find today in the here and now such a
room in the Carmel Highlands area south of Carmel and north of Big
Sur...presuming that is where you found your less than $100 a night room
(best guess on my part because it is kinda tough to really pinpoint the area
with you withholding the name of the establishment).

Or are you on the one hand going to continue to keep mum or on the other
hand toss us yet another red herring?