Must see attractions in Fort Lauderdale?????????

Old November 21st, 2004, 09:27 PM
Michael Graham

Default Must see attractions in Fort Lauderdale?????????

Hi all

I am posting again to see if anyone has any recommendations for things
to do pre or post cruise in Fort Lauderdale. I was hoping that someone
out there would able to answer my many questions.

We will be arriving at about 5:45 on the Saturday before our Star
Princess that is scheduled to leave the next day. Not sure what time
we will start boarding the boat Sunday. Also not sure if we will be
renting a car before our cruise or not.

We are staying at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port.
Was hoping to find something close to the hotel or the cruise port.
Also wondering if there was someplace we could store our luggage at
Port Everglades. Just wondering if Princess will hold on to it until
we are ready to board the boat.

How is the public transportation system in Fort Lauderdale? Would we
be better off taking a cab to get to the sights or to a restaurant?

When returning we will be staying at the same hotel. This time around
we are going to rent a car, as our flight the next day does not leave
until 5:30pm or so.

Any great must see attractions in Fort Lauderdale to see after our
cruise or before our flight home? As we will have a car I might
consider a day trip outside of Fort Lauderdale.

Thank again in advance for your great help.
Michael
Old November 21st, 2004, 10:06 PM
David R Eisner

You might try doing the mini cruise on the Jungle Queen. It is a nice
ride up the river with a nice buffet on an island, all you can eat,
shrimp, chicken and ribs.

Many flee markest if you like them. Los Olis Blvd is a nice walk and
the water taxi is anic to get around.

Old November 21st, 2004, 11:06 PM
Tom & Linda

Take one of the 2-3 hour cruises down the New River. You see lots of
gorgeous mansions, including several houses that they showed on Miami Vice.

Try taking a drive up A1A along the Intra-coastal Waterway toward Palm
Beach. It's especially nice at night when the XMAS holiday lights are lit
up.

Walk along Las Olas Blvd. and check out the shops

For the "guys", get some Buffalo Wings at Hooters.

Have dinner at Mai Kai (Polynesian Rest, where they do a fire dancing show
at night). About 1 block north of Oakland Park Blvd right on Rt. 1.

I don't know of any public transportation in Ft. Lauderdale. The guy who
started Alamo Rental Cars lives in a mansion on New River, and you can rent
cars so cheaply there that there's not much point having a lot of public
transportation.

--Tom

m...

Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
MJDEEG

Ester and Sammy's condo would be a good starting point. You should see what
they did to the place.
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
0 O

The RIVER WALK on the New RIVER = take water taxi $5.00 all day ticket
= there are many routes ,