China Air vs Korean Air Help needed

Old October 24th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Doug T

Default China Air vs Korean Air Help needed

I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for $665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer miles on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

I need help finding out which airline would be better for the trip on
comfort, food, entertainment on board.

Any suggestions helping me make this tough decision would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

Old October 24th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Sjoerd

"Doug T" schreef in bericht
.com...
I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for $665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer miles

on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

I need help finding out which airline would be better for the trip on
comfort, food, entertainment on board.

Any suggestions helping me make this tough decision would be appreciated.

Both these airlines are close to the top of the list of "Airlines most
likely to crash". But your chances of arriving in one piece are still much
greater than when you would swim or drive to Bangkok.

Sjoerd

Old October 24th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Doug T" wrote:

I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for $665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer miles on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

You can put the KE flights on a DL account if you have one already.
Easier to use in the future.
Old October 25th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Kenny

I flew Korean Airline a few times after it got shot down by the old USSR, it
wasn't bad, I was just keep looking at the screen to make sure we didn't fly
too close to USSR.

I never flew China Airline so I don't know.

Kenny

.com...

Old October 25th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Steven M. Scharf

"Doug T" wrote in message
.com...
I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for $665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer miles
on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

I need help finding out which airline would be better for the trip on
comfort, food, entertainment on board.

Man, talk about the worst of the worst. I used to go to Korea a lot,
and would not go on KAL. I usually took Singapore Airlines.

I flew China Airlines once, but I would not do so again due to their
safety problems.

KAL gives Delta miles. I don't recall if China Airlines gave any miles
at all.

Try EVA instead. I just used them to/from Taiwan last week and they
were okay. EVA gives miles on Continental.

All of these airlines tend to use very old 747s.

Don't think about comfort back in coach, there isn't any.

Old October 25th, 2003, 10:42 AM
JoeC

Not the Karl Orff wrote in message ...
In article ,
"Doug T" wrote:

I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for $665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer miles on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

You can put the KE flights on a DL account if you have one already.
Easier to use in the future.

China Airlines is also partner with Delta.
Old October 25th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

"Doug T" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

wrong. They use -400s. And not park them in the desert like UA which
can't afford the D checks or NW which still uses -200s.
Old October 25th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Tchiwoa

Korean Air is 100% better than China Air

Old October 27th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Nik

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

wrong. They use -400s. And not park them in the desert like UA which
can't afford the D checks or NW which still uses -200s.

Right - you only very rarely see any 747's older than 400 in Asia these
days - except from the US and Japan.

Nik

Old October 27th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Not the Karl Orff

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

wrong. They use -400s. And not park them in the desert like UA which
can't afford the D checks or NW which still uses -200s.

Right - you only very rarely see any 747's older than 400 in Asia these
days - except from the US and Japan.

teue, although CX, TG and SQ have a few -300s floating around. And as
you say, JL has quite a few of these too.

Only major U.S. airline with -200s left is NW (which I quite like, row
84 on the upper deck).