China Air vs Korean Air Help needed

Old October 28th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Doug T

Default China Air vs Korean Air Help needed

Thank you all for your help

Doug

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doug T" wrote:

I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for

$665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer

miles on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

You can put the KE flights on a DL account if you have one already.
Easier to use in the future.

Old October 28th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Nik

"Nik" wrote:

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

wrong. They use -400s. And not park them in the desert like UA which
can't afford the D checks or NW which still uses -200s.

Right - you only very rarely see any 747's older than 400 in Asia these
days - except from the US and Japan.

teue, although CX, TG and SQ have a few -300s floating around. And as
you say, JL has quite a few of these too.

Only major U.S. airline with -200s left is NW (which I quite like, row
84 on the upper deck).

TG might still have a few (haven't seen any in Bangkok lately however). TG
has got rid of theirs a few years ago and I think the same is true for SQ
(let alone a frighter or two).

Nik

Old October 31st, 2003, 09:52 AM
geraint

sgwennodd "Doug T" yn neges
.com...
I will be flying out of LAX and I have the opportunity to go with China
Airlines to Bangkok for $605. or I could go with Korean Airlines for $665
(both including taxes).

I found out that Korean Airlines will give me 11,000 frequent flyer miles

on
their program. I am not sure if China Air has FF miles for that fare of
$605.

I need help finding out which airline would be better for the trip on
comfort, food, entertainment on board.

After you see the state of the planes, the "comfort, food and entertainment"
will be the least of your worries!
My only flight with China Airlines (they were cheap!) was not pleasant.
Safety seems to me to be very low down their priority list, the planes are
ancient. They're just cheap in _every_ way. The only thing I enjoyed was the
food - the best chilli prawns I've ever had on an airline... :-|

hwyl!
geraint.

Old October 31st, 2003, 04:58 PM
Miguel Cruz

geraint wrote:
After you see the state of the planes, the "comfort, food and entertainment"
will be the least of your worries!
My only flight with China Airlines (they were cheap!) was not pleasant.
Safety seems to me to be very low down their priority list, the planes are
ancient. They're just cheap in _every_ way. The only thing I enjoyed was the
food - the best chilli prawns I've ever had on an airline... :-|

Was your flight within Asia?

When I've used them between the USA and Taipei, the planes have been very
new 747s. When I've used them for intra-Asia flights, they've been rattling
old rustbuckets.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 8th, 2003, 03:26 AM
JWN

I use Korean Air in October from DFW to BKK I was very please with the
service. The plane I flew on was a 747
seems to be well maintain and up to date. Plenty of flight attendants for
quick service. I would use them again if the price
was right.The meals were ok and most of the meals were for the western taste
chicken , steak, fish.The only time I notice Asia style food
was from Seoul to Bangkok and they had a choice of noodles or fish.
Hope this helps.....John

"geraint" wrote in message
sgwennodd "Doug T" yn neges
.com...

Old November 18th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Bernhard Mayer

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in message k.net...

Don't think about comfort back in coach, there isn't any.

if you fly EVA, book yourself into Evergreen Deluxe Class... slightly
more expensive than economy, Business class seats (well, seats are
Airbus business class standard with slightly less legroom) and tasty
meals

EVA also partners with ANA for servicing the planes and should
therefore be much better than both China Airlines and Korean
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:16 PM
DGPSC

For a long flight I would also look forward to killing time... too bad EVA's
in-flight entertainment system sucks big time.
Very skimpy show schedules, and most of time nothing to do except staring
ahead inside cabin.
Yes, the Deluxe Economy seats are comfortable, but don't expect to lie down
to sleep like in normal economy when seats beside you are empty. The latter
is a better comfort when you know flight is going to be having low load. The
Deluxe seats each are solidly separated by arm rests, and most of time some
Ah Beng Taiwanese is seated beside you. Worst if you have a whole group of
country bumbkins chattering away throughout the long flight....
Oh... don't expect really spick and span leather seats either.... EVA's
Deluxe Economy seats are so popular and so well used that it makes you feel
like slumping into someone else's well-used recliner in the sunroom.

om...