Carry on -Meds

Old October 25th, 2008, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
berry[_2_]

Default Carry on -Meds

Do meds (pill and inhaler form) -- have to also be in a plastic bag.
(Flying Air France in 2 weeks to Paris) Pills are contained in
vials -- with doc's name and name of med. Just a couple of them.

Thanks..
Old October 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_3_]

"berry" wrote in message

Do meds (pill and inhaler form) -- have to also be in a plastic bag.
(Flying Air France in 2 weeks to Paris) Pills are contained in
vials -- with doc's name and name of med. Just a couple of them.

Probably. But from where?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old October 26th, 2008, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 23:05:46 +0530, "grusl"
wrote:

Probably. But from where?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

The original containers from the pharmacy.
I'm not sure what was meant by "just a few of them."
Old October 26th, 2008, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
scabbardgirl

berry wrote:
Do meds (pill and inhaler form) -- have to also be in a plastic bag.
(Flying Air France in 2 weeks to Paris) Pills are contained in
vials -- with doc's name and name of med. Just a couple of them.

Thanks..

Your prescription meds don't have to be in that 1 quart bag with your
carryon 3oz items. But, they need to be accessible for inspection. Put
them in another baggie. If you are flying from the U.S., go to the TSA
website for the final word. As for your inhaler - I think you're
wondering about needing the prescription label. I've been told that I
had to have the box that the inhaler comes in. I did keep the last box
I got and have it folded flat in my carryon in case someone really wants
to look at it. But, I've yet to be asked about the prescription. This
is the latest that I've found on the TSA site regarding meds:

"All medications in any form or type (for instance, pills, injectables,
or homeopathic) and associated supplies (syringes, Sharps disposal
container, pre-loaded syringes, jet injectors, pens, infusers, etc.) are
allowed through the security checkpoint once they have been screened.
Atropens, an auto-injection system that can help treat many emergency
conditions (low heart rate, breathing problems, and excess saliva
related to insecticide, nerve gas or mushroom poisoning) are also allowed.

We recommend, but do not require, that your medications be labeled to
assist with the screening process.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) migraine inhalers and CO2 refills.

Medications in daily dosage containers are allowed through the
checkpoint once they been screened.

Medication and related supplies are normally X-rayed. However, as a
customer service, TSA now allows you the option of requesting a visual
inspection of your medication and associated supplies.

* You must request a visual inspection before the screening process
begins; otherwise you medications and supplies will undergo X-ray
inspection.
* If you would like to take advantage of this option, please have
your medication and associated supplies separated from your other
property in a separate pouch/bag when you approach the Security Officer
at the walk-through metal detector.
* Request the visual inspection and hand your medication pouch/bag
to the Security Officer.
* In order to prevent contamination or damage to medication and
associated supplies and/or fragile medical materials, you will be asked
at the security checkpoint to display, handle, and repack your own
medication and associated supplies during the visual inspection process.
* Any medication and/or associated supplies that cannot be cleared
visually must be submitted for X-ray screening. If you refuse, you will
not be permitted to carry your medications and related supplies into the
sterile area."