Is US Air a good air line

Old January 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Frank Lewis

Default Is US Air a good air line

I am flying U S Air soon. Is it a decent line?

Old January 7th, 2008, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"Frank Lewis" wrote:
I am flying U S Air soon. Is it a decent line?

I 'spose by /decent/, you mean, is it a safe, reliable, on-time and
reasonably pleasant flying experience. Some here will say that
no airline provides that today, but I'd say that U.S. Airways is no
better or worse than any other "legacy" airline, such as American,
Delta, United, Northwest, etc.

In reality, it is the airline formerly known as America West, which
bought it 2005. AW continued it operations under the U.S.
Airways label. "U.S. Airways" has approx. 3,860 flights a day to
241 destinations, with hubs in Phoenix, Philadelphia, Charlotte,
and Las Vegas. (From Wikipedia)

Old January 7th, 2008, 02:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
(Frank Lewis) wrote:

I am flying U S Air soon. Is it a decent line?

Depends on the route.
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_2_]

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article ,
(Frank Lewis) wrote:

I am flying U S Air soon. Is it a decent line?

Depends on the route.

The Consumerist reported recently that it's the most complained-about
airline in the US.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old January 7th, 2008, 04:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air
TEP

I thought they were OK until I read the following:

http://crankyflier.com/2007/12/11/us...r-own-website/

Old January 7th, 2008, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"TEP" wrote:
I thought they were OK until I read the following:
report of hidden $5.00 booking fee on airline's website

Cast your net wide enuff, and you'll find the low fare for any
particular flight, whether it be on the airline's website or not.
Sorry, but this hidden-fee issue is not going to keep me from
booking U.S. Airways or any other airline, if it has flights that
meet my needs and the lowest fares, this issue notwithstanding.

Old January 7th, 2008, 09:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Frank Lewis wrote:

I am flying U S Air soon. Is it a decent line?

LOL...
Old January 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Michael[_2_]

"Rog'" wrote in message
. ..
"TEP" wrote:
I thought they were OK until I read the following:
report of hidden $5.00 booking fee on airline's website

Cast your net wide enuff, and you'll find the low fare for any
particular flight, whether it be on the airline's website or not.
Sorry, but this hidden-fee issue is not going to keep me from
booking U.S. Airways or any other airline, if it has flights that
meet my needs and the lowest fares, this issue notwithstanding.

Yes all that matters is the total price I pay - I couldn't care less how
it's split between "base fare" and "taxes and charges" and neither does my
bank account.

Old January 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air
rst

On Jan 6, 7:20*pm, "Rog'" wrote:
"Frank Lewis" wrote:
I am flying U S Air soon. Is it a decent line?

I 'spose by /decent/, you mean, is it a safe, reliable, on-time and
reasonably pleasant flying experience. *Some here will say that
no airline provides that today, but I'd say that U.S. Airways is no
better or worse than any other "legacy" airline, such as American,
Delta, United, Northwest, etc.

In reality, it is the airline formerly known as America West, which
bought it 2005. *AW continued it operations under the U.S.
Airways label. *"U.S. Airways" has approx. 3,860 flights a day to
241 destinations, with hubs in Phoenix, *Philadelphia, Charlotte,
and Las Vegas. (From Wikipedia)

I fly PHL to FCO regularly on US Airways flight 4. It's been snafu-
free every time.
Old January 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air
TEP

Yes all that matters is the total price I pay - I couldn't care less how
it's split between "base fare" and "taxes and charges" and neither does my
bank account.

True, but don't you find it the least bit deceptive that this booking fee
was added UNANNOUNCED and it's even UNDOCUMENTED on its website?