Stay away from Spain

Old April 18th, 2004, 11:55 PM
JJ

Default Stay away from Spain

It will not be safe anymore in Spain. It is a country full of cowards.
One terror attack and the Spanish tuck tail and run. Now the sand thugs
will enjoy knowing they can manipulate and terrorize Spain as they wish.
France and Spain. I wonder who the next coward country will be in
Europe? No wonder America had to come over and save Europe from the
German Army. Most of the men there are a bunch of yellow cowards. No
wonder so many European women marry American MEN. I had planned to
travel to Spain with my wife and children. Now it will not be safe.
Spain will become a terror haven because all the terrorist's know Spain
will not do anything. Sad.

Old April 19th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Miguel Cruz

JJ wrote:
It will not be safe anymore in Spain. It is a country full of cowards.
One terror attack and the Spanish tuck tail and run. Now the sand thugs
will enjoy knowing they can manipulate and terrorize Spain as they wish.

Almost as easy to manipulate as the USA - one terror attack and we walk
blindly into bin Laden's doomsday plan for war between east and west. Lucky
for you, Spain wised up and took the first step toward derailing his plan.

miguel
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:37 AM
devil

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:55:31 -0400, JJ wrote:

It will not be safe anymore in Spain. It is a country full of cowards.
One terror attack and the Spanish tuck tail and run. Now the sand thugs
will enjoy knowing they can manipulate and terrorize Spain as they wish.
France and Spain. I wonder who the next coward country will be in
Europe? No wonder America had to come over and save Europe from the
German Army. Most of the men there are a bunch of yellow cowards. No
wonder so many European women marry American MEN. I had planned to
travel to Spain with my wife and children. Now it will not be safe.
Spain will become a terror haven because all the terrorist's know Spain
will not do anything. Sad.

Good for them. They aren't letting themselves be intimidated by the thugs
in the White House anymore.

BTW, who cares about "terrorists" anymore? As if invading Iraq wasn't
terrorism all the same...

Old April 19th, 2004, 12:52 AM
David Horne

Miguel Cruz wrote:

JJ wrote:
It will not be safe anymore in Spain. It is a country full of cowards.
One terror attack and the Spanish tuck tail and run. Now the sand thugs
will enjoy knowing they can manipulate and terrorize Spain as they wish.

Almost as easy to manipulate as the USA - one terror attack and we walk
blindly into bin Laden's doomsday plan for war between east and west. Lucky
for you, Spain wised up and took the first step toward derailing his plan.

Spain didn't necessarily "wise up" if you think about it. As a people,
they were already firmly against the Iraq war, and having their troops
there. Had the bombings not occured, it's highly likely- no, almost
certain, that the electorate would have returned the same government
(albeit with a new prime minister) that had sent the troops to Iraq- and
they would have done so, in spite of the Iraq situation. The bombings
_did_ make a difference. It's too horrible an event to somehow see the
Spanish reaction to this as capitulating to terrorism, and I don't
believe it was- but the fact remains, those bombs _did_ change the
outcome of the election. The incumbent party would not have initially
fingered ETA, caused widespread resentment, and so forth, had the
bombings never occured. There are very few analysists of the poltical
situation there who think the election would have turned out the way it
did had the bombings never happened.

So, in a sense, I'd argue- yes, Spain _was_ manipulated by the bombings.
Most countries _are_. Terrorism can be very effective, whether people
like it or not. That's the problem.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:57 AM
devil

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:52:45 +0100, David Horne wrote:

Miguel Cruz wrote:

JJ wrote:
[...]

The story remains that they voted out Asnar *because* he tried to spin on
the bombing having been the deed of ETA. In quite a clumsy way. So they
punished him and in the process picked a government that's more in tune
with opinion on Iraq.

Good for them.

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:02 AM
David Horne

devil wrote:

The story remains that they voted out Asnar *because* he tried to spin on
the bombing having been the deed of ETA. In quite a clumsy way. So they
punished him and in the process picked a government that's more in tune
with opinion on Iraq.

Good for them.

Good for them perhaps, but all I'm saying is that they would not have
done so had it not been for the bombings. No one seriously contests
that. So, regardless of _why_ it was so, you can't argue that the
bombings did not change the course of the election.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old April 19th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Charles Hawtrey

Miguel Cruz crawled to the nearest keyboard and
summoned the courage to write:

JJ wrote:
It will not be safe anymore in Spain. It is a country full of cowards.
One terror attack and the Spanish tuck tail and run. Now the sand thugs
will enjoy knowing they can manipulate and terrorize Spain as they wish.

Almost as easy to manipulate as the USA - one terror attack and we walk
blindly into bin Laden's doomsday plan for war between east and west. Lucky
for you, Spain wised up and took the first step toward derailing his plan.

Arguably so. The counter-argument is that the Zapatero's reaction has
led Al Qaida to the conclusion "terrorism works -- we can topple a
government and get them to redeploy their military with a few
well-placed bombs." Not an encouraging thought for the rest of us.

The world is a complicated place.

--
"The Great Satan put electricity in my toothpaste."
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Gordon Forbess

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:57:02 GMT, devil wrote:

The story remains that they voted out Asnar *because* he tried to spin on
the bombing having been the deed of ETA. In quite a clumsy way. So they
punished him and in the process picked a government that's more in tune
with opinion on Iraq.

Oh crap-ola! They voted out Asnar to *appease* the Islamo-fascists.
I'll wager that Osama bin Loser & Al-kookya interpret it exactly that
way.

Good for them.

Yes, I'm sure Spain has been made completely safe.

Gordon
Old April 19th, 2004, 04:03 AM
devil

JJ wrote:
It will not be safe anymore in Spain. It is a country full of cowards.
One terror attack and the Spanish tuck tail and run. Now the sand thugs
will enjoy knowing they can manipulate and terrorize Spain as they wish.

Almost as easy to manipulate as the USA - one terror attack and we walk
blindly into bin Laden's doomsday plan for war between east and west. Lucky
for you, Spain wised up and took the first step toward derailing his plan.

Arguably so. The counter-argument is that the Zapatero's reaction has
led Al Qaida to the conclusion "terrorism works -- we can topple a
government and get them to redeploy their military with a few
well-placed bombs." Not an encouraging thought for the rest of us.

The world is a complicated place.

But the best proof that "terrorism works," they had already. Surely the
Iraq lunacy must have satisfied their wildest dreams. Besides more or
less providing them with some moral justification, at least in their own
backyard. Now it must be quite clear to their audience that "the US is
the big enemy of Islam and that they had been right all along," isn't it?

Old April 19th, 2004, 05:34 AM
devil

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:17:33 -0700, Gordon Forbess wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:57:02 GMT, devil wrote:

The story remains that they voted out Asnar *because* he tried to spin on
the bombing having been the deed of ETA. In quite a clumsy way. So they
punished him and in the process picked a government that's more in tune
with opinion on Iraq.

Oh crap-ola! They voted out Asnar to *appease* the Islamo-fascists.
I'll wager that Osama bin Loser & Al-kookya interpret it exactly that
way.

Good for them.

Yes, I'm sure Spain has been made completely safe.

Good. Shows they had the guts to resist blackmail by the thugs in the
White House. Which takes more courage anyway.