EUROPE Airlines - EasyJet - Reliability

Old March 5th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Chris Blunt

Default EUROPE Airlines - EasyJet - Reliability

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:22:09 -0000, "JohnT"
wrote:

"Stromer2" wrote in message
I will be flying from London to Switzerland in June (for the first time) and
have noticed that Easy Jet has really low prices. On their web site the
restrictions seem more restrictive than British Airways.

WIth this in mind, can anyone comment on their reliability (amount of late or
cancelled flights). If a flight is cancelled there seems to be no option but
to wait for the next flight (they may not put you on another airline).
I will be flying back from Geneva to London in the morning(probably on Easy
Jet) and then leaving London 6 hours later. I am leaving plenty of time to
transfer from Lutton to Heathrow.

Should I have any concerns other than the normal probability of having a

flight
1/2 to 1 hr late?
Thanks for any advice on EasyJet.
Rick

Their reliability is generally good. Their business model is a copy of that of
the US SouthWest airline and they are a point to point airline only. If you
attempt to check in late they will refuse to accept you (40 minutes minimum out
of the UK)

Be warned that if you're late checking in because of the length of
their own check-in queue, they still won't accept you. If you join the
queue a hour before the flight and have to stand in line for 25
minutes they'd still kick you off because you didn't arrive *at the
check-in desk* 40 minutes before.

Old March 8th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Ulf Kutzner

" schrieb:

Chris Blunt wrote

Be warned that if you're late checking in because of the length of
their own check-in queue, they still won't accept you. If you join the
queue a hour before the flight and have to stand in line for 25
minutes they'd still kick you off because you didn't arrive *at the
check-in desk* 40 minutes before.

Hang on a bit!
Has this happened to you?
Have you actually seen it happen to anybody else?

My experience with easyJet is:-

1 They have dedicated desks for each flight, so nobody is stuck
behind people checking in for a later flight.

Still a problem because their clerks register people for later flights
while passengers for earlier flights are being refused.

Regards, ULF
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Ulf Kutzner

Paul Clifford schrieb:

) wrote in message . com...
Chris Blunt wrote

Be warned that if you're late checking in because of the length of
their own check-in queue, they still won't accept you. If you join the
queue a hour before the flight and have to stand in line for 25
minutes they'd still kick you off because you didn't arrive *at the
check-in desk* 40 minutes before.

Hang on a bit!
Has this happened to you?
Have you actually seen it happen to anybody else?

My experience with easyJet is:-

1 They have dedicated desks for each flight, so nobody is stuck
behind people checking in for a later flight.

2 The long queue is two hours before departure when the checkin
opens, because many people want to get low numbered cards to allow
them to board in the first groups and so get the seat they want.

3 Nobody has more than one piece of baggage for the hold.

Under these circumstances the chances of arriving an hour before
departure and still not getting aboard are probably zilch IMHO.

Unless of course aomebody else knows better....

I've flown several times with Easyjet. I've never joined a checkin
line earlier than an hour before departure.

Not even for charter where 90 minutes are required?

Whenever the time to close
the flight becomes near they ask if anyone is waiting to check-in for
that flight and take you to the front.

I had a problem at FRA with LH automatic-check in on Dec 25th 52 minutes
before departure. Told me my ticket is not valid for that day.

Queued for about 20 minutes and asked myself if I could reach the flight
leving in 32 minutes, aftere wich I was taken to the front immediately.

My ticket was okay and valid for that day.

The plane left 15 minutes late but not because of me (did no check in
luggage and arrived to the gate 20 minutes before scheduled departure).

Regards, ULF
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:18 PM

Ulf Kutzner wrote
Paul Clifford schrieb:
semiretired wrote
Chris Blunt wrote

[...]

easyJet do not do charters AFAIK. Was the 90 minute checkin for some
other airline?
Your troubles with LH clearly do not apply to easyJet, which is the
topic of the thread.
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Ulf Kutzner

" schrieb:

Be warned that if you're late checking in because of the length of
their own check-in queue, they still won't accept you. If you join the
queue a hour before the flight and have to stand in line for 25
minutes they'd still kick you off because you didn't arrive *at the
check-in desk* 40 minutes before.

Hang on a bit!
Has this happened to you?
Have you actually seen it happen to anybody else?
My experience with easyJet is:-
1 They have dedicated desks for each flight, so nobody is stuck
behind people checking in for a later flight.

Still a problem because their clerks register people for later flights
while passengers for earlier flights are being refused. Regards, ULF

Did easyJet actually do this to you?
If so - at what airport?
Were you within their checkin time?

I read in this NG that they have specific counters for specific flights.
This may result in a specific line at one specific counter while
deadline approaches.

There should be priority for passengers who mmight miss the deadline at
all counters.

Didn't try Easy-Jet yet (they don't serve my favorite airports) but
nearly missed LH check-in and got through by my own initiative (well,
they have lots of departures at FRA, they cannot ask every time).

I suggest that priority be given to close-to-deadline passengers.
Check-in-counters could display departure times for which priority is a
must.

Ulf Kutzner