Hanoi to Hoi An

Old August 24th, 2009, 03:44 AM
thenotebook thenotebook is offline
Member

Default Hanoi to Hoi An

I need some help planning my trip. I am going to Hanoi this coming sept, then Halong Bay and Sapa. After that i am thinking of going to Hoi An for some tailoring and sightseeing.
How do i get to Hoi An in the first place from Hanoi? and any tailoring shops to recommend? i heard tailoring shirts there are quite cheap.
I am also thinking of going to Ho Chi Minh from Hoi an also. I would appreciate if someone could guide me through

Cheers!!
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Joerg Lippmann

thenotebook wrote:

How do i get to Hoi An in the first place from Hanoi?

There are these Open-Tour busses, operated by several companies of different
quality that offer tickets from Hanoi to Saigon. Most important stops are
en-route, like e.g. Hoi An. Tickets can be bought for any trip in between
the stops. And it's not expensive. So don't worry. Beware of the food-stops,
though. They can get quite overpriced.

Just ask fellow travellers in Hanoi about their experiences and then decide
on a company. Tickets can be bought virtually everywhere in Hanois old town.

The downside is that you are always together with other tourists. But thats
always the problem in Vietnam.

With tailoring: Maybe ask some other tourist about their experience and the
quality they got. There are so many shops of similar quality and pricing,
it's impossible to pick "the best".

bis dann!
Jörg@Home
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:31 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
don

We did it by train in the other direction - HCMC north to Hoi An last
January. There is no train station in Hoi An so it was a US15 cab from Da
Nang south about 20 minutes.

--
thenotebook

'Vietnam vacation, Vietnam tour'