Cruise from H*ll

Old December 20th, 2003, 09:46 AM

Default Cruise from H*ll

In late November, a CruiseCritic member (the couple "posts" as both
masq and stormlord) took the "cruise from h*ll" on the Paradise.
Well, not just "from h*ll"....but from "h*ll and back". Probably 3-4
times. I've been rivited by the saga. I bet you will be, too.

http://tinyurl.com/2xq4w

You can't post. But everybody can read.

Jim
CRI/English
http://pw2.netcom.com/~jleq/cri1.htm

Old December 20th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Pea

wrote in message link.net...
In late November, a CruiseCritic member (the couple "posts" as both
masq and stormlord) took the "cruise from h*ll" on the Paradise.
Well, not just "from h*ll"....but from "h*ll and back". Probably 3-4
times. I've been rivited by the saga. I bet you will be, too.

http://tinyurl.com/2xq4w

You can't post. But everybody can read.

Jim
CRI/English
http://pw2.netcom.com/~jleq/cri1.htm

Actually, it was not the "cruise from H*ll", but the pre-cruise. They
missed the ship due to airline delays and were attempting to catch up
to the ship in Belize. I don' think the couple writing the review
would not have had much problem getting there, but they had befriended
some other folks from the plane who were traveling with either just
the their birth certificates and Driver's license or one couple was
only traveling with photo ID. This made for a mess. Belize did not
want to let them cross the border without a passport, period.

Once they got on the ship, things went a little more smoothly.

Pea
Old December 20th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Charles

In article , Pea
wrote:

This made for a mess.

The problems were of their of their own doing. At every opportunity
they made the wrong choice.

--
Charles
Old December 21st, 2003, 04:41 AM
Pea

Charles wrote in message id...
In article , Pea
wrote:

This made for a mess.

The problems were of their of their own doing. At every opportunity
they made the wrong choice.

I agree. I mean, I know that they made friends with people from the
plane, but if you are trying to play catch up to the ship and some of
the people (who were not in your original party) have neglected to
bring the proper identification (makes me wonder how the couple with
just photo IDs ever got to Mexico), at some point you have to just cut
loose and say "adios". Ir might be different if all the folks had
been friends and traveling together, but basically, these people were
strangers until 24 hours prior.

The first time I went to Mexico, I told my traveling companion time
and again that she needed a raised seal birth certificate. She turns
up at the airport with an old mimeographed copy. I wanted to scream.
She said her mother wouldn't give her the original. I told her I had
to order mine from the state I was born in, but that I got it. She
could have done the same...in fact I had suggested it, if she didn't
have her original. Luckily, they let her on the plane and into
Mexico, but that was the start of several issues that plagued me on
that trip. I had a good time, but she withheld info from me (like
being afraid to go into the water) that was sort of pertinent for a
beach type vacation.

Anyway, I think people are just better off getting passports and
avoiding any of this hassle. Some people complain about the cost, but
if things go wrong, the extra cost is going to be more than worth it.

Pea
Old December 21st, 2003, 05:25 AM
Charles

In article , Pea
wrote:

Anyway, I think people are just better off getting passports and
avoiding any of this hassle. Some people complain about the cost, but
if things go wrong, the extra cost is going to be more than worth it.

One thing that struck me as bizarre was the decision to fly to Cancun,
Mexico and take what they thought would be an 80 mile $45 public bus
ride to Belize City, Belize. ( I guess they don't teach geography any
more). And after they discovered it was more than 300 miles they made
further bad decisions. And maybe I missed it, but wouldn't you send
some kind of complaint to Northwest airlines about their rep. who
allegedly came up with this suggestion if it really is true their rep.
did this? It appears like they give more blame to Carnival than the
airline or themselves.

--
Charles