WTF? Automated Boarding Pass Printer Kiosk

Old March 8th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Mike Cordelli

Default WTF? Automated Boarding Pass Printer Kiosk

It's comparing names, not credit card numbers. That's why you can use any
credit card out there or your mileage plus card. It's only getting the
name, not the number.

What if you paid cash, it was an award ticket, etc? She wouldn't be able to
do it that way.

What if your wife went up to the counter, wasn't paying attention and told
the counter person the wrong flight, and got the boarding pass for the other
person with the same name? It's no different, it's why you are asked to
confirm the flights, it just didn't spit out all the cards.

If there was a issue, you just go to the counter and fix it. I really doubt
that many people would select the wrong flight.

"Scott in Aztlán" wrote in message
news
The other day, my wife checked in for her flight on United at one of their
automated kiosks that you swipe your credit card (or Mileage Plus card)
through
and it spits out your boarding pass. When she swiped her credit card, the

screen
showed two(!!!) different flights to two different cities, and asked her

to pick
which flight she wanted. Presumably there were two people with the same

name
flying from the same airport on the same day.

What would have happened if she had picked the wrong flight?

What would have happened if the other woman with my wife's name wasn't

paying
attention and picked the wrong one?

Why doesn't the system compare the credit card number of the CC you swipe

to the
CC used to make the reservation/pay for the ticket, and eliminate the

ambiguity
that way?

Any John Smiths out there have this happen to them?

--
Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy.

Old March 8th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
. com...

If there was a issue, you just go to the counter and fix it. I really

doubt
that many people would select the wrong flight.

If I was booked on a local flight and the other Mr. Hewitt was booked on a
long haul flight could I take his ticket and have a nice holiday?

Old March 8th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Mike Cordelli

You could certainly get on the plane as long as you did so before he got
there to check in, not sure it would be a nice holiday because they would
probably be waiting for you as you got off at the other end.

Old March 8th, 2004, 07:58 PM
mtravelkay

Mark Hewitt wrote:

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
. com...

If there was a issue, you just go to the counter and fix it. I really

doubt

that many people would select the wrong flight.

If I was booked on a local flight and the other Mr. Hewitt was booked on a
long haul flight could I take his ticket and have a nice holiday?

Sure, but try getting back.