PERTH WA

Old November 12th, 2003, 03:57 AM
Melstar

Default PERTH WA

My family and I are heading to sunny Perth for Christmas. Can anyone suggest
great places to visit?
We have already booked a few days just prior to Christmas at Margaret River.

Thanks
Mel

Old November 12th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Melstar" wrote in message
My family and I are heading to sunny Perth for Christmas. Can anyone

suggest
great places to visit?
We have already booked a few days just prior to Christmas at Margaret

River.

Thanks
Mel

Why only a few days? You could spend a week or two in that area.
Then proceed to Pemberton, Walpole, and Albany and you may not have any time
left for Perth itself (or Rotto, Fremantle, and Northbridge)

Gerrit

Old November 12th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Bob

We just recently returned from Perth and one of the places we enjoyed
was Hillarys Harbor Resort north of the city. They had a nice package
deal for $A169 for midweek walk up. Double room, bottle of champaign,
chocolates, and a $A50 voucher at choice of 2 nearby very nice
restaurants. The rooms had full facilities, including free in-room
laundry. There was also secure underground parking.
From there you can go to Rottnest Island and see the island
independently or take a tour. Be sure to see and pet the quokkas.
If you are golfing, I can give you more suggestions.
I found Hertz to have a good rate for an automatic transmission.

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Gordon

Hi Mel
If you want to do something really Australian come for a camel ride at Perth
Outback Camels on Yanchep Beach Road Yanchep. Have a look into the Yanchep
National Park and see the Koalas or have a cave tour. for other ideas about
activities and attractions have a look at http://www.sunsetcoast.com.au you
will also a car rental hire company in there who offer really good deals.

Regards

Gordon.

Old November 13th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

Melstar wrote:

My family and I are heading to sunny Perth for Christmas. Can anyone

suggest
great places to visit?
We have already booked a few days just prior to Christmas at Margaret

River.

Thanks
Mel

The caves in Yanchep National Park are the worst I have ever seen.
Those in the Margaret River area are 1000% better.

Gerrit

Old November 16th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Colin

The Pinnacles are worth seeing and you must visit Freemantle and have Fish
and Chips at Cicrellos - delicous.

Colin

Old November 17th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Melstar

Thank you Bob,
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Mel

"Bob" wrote in message
We just recently returned from Perth and one of the places we enjoyed
was Hillarys Harbor Resort north of the city. They had a nice package
deal for $A169 for midweek walk up. Double room, bottle of champaign,
chocolates, and a $A50 voucher at choice of 2 nearby very nice
restaurants. The rooms had full facilities, including free in-room
laundry. There was also secure underground parking.
From there you can go to Rottnest Island and see the island

Old November 17th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Melstar

Hi Gordon,
Exactly what I was looking for!
I will be taking three kids with me who are the adventurous types!
Thanks heaps!
Mel

Old November 17th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Melstar

Hi Gerrit,
I had it on authority that the caves were really cool too!
We have scheduled this in for our trip!
Thanks!
Mel

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
u...

Old November 17th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Melstar

Hi Colin,
What if I am on a diet! Hee Hee Hee!
Arrr if you cant spoil yourself what can you do when you are on holiday?
Thanks heaps!
Mel