Italy in August

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Martina

Default Italy in August

JohnnyJ schrieb:
I'm planning a journey to Northern Italy (possibly Genova, I'm
not organising, just following!) in early August this year.

Well, I can't tell you any exact prices but you should bear in mind
that August is THE holiday-month in Italy. Prices can rise
considerably in comparison even to july and accomodations will be
much more difficult to find.

I don't know about the region of Italy you are going to but to my
experience food in Italy is really great and, compared to other EU
countries, you can get food in restaurants and bars for a good price
(don't know whether they rise their prices in august, though). Food
in the supermarket seemed to me rather expensive, at least compared
to Germany.

Hope this helps

Martina
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Jenn

Martina wrote:

JohnnyJ schrieb:

I'm planning a journey to Northern Italy (possibly Genova, I'm
not organising, just following!) in early August this year.

Well, I can't tell you any exact prices but you should bear in mind
that August is THE holiday-month in Italy. Prices can rise
considerably in comparison even to july and accomodations will be
much more difficult to find.

I don't know about the region of Italy you are going to but to my
experience food in Italy is really great and, compared to other EU
countries, you can get food in restaurants and bars for a good price
(don't know whether they rise their prices in august, though). Food
in the supermarket seemed to me rather expensive, at least compared
to Germany.

Hope this helps

Martina

when I was booking things last year August was generally lower priced
compared to June and July -- I am sure it depends on where the rentals
are -- we were looking at city rentals
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Martina Panzer

Jenn wrote:

Martina wrote:

JohnnyJ wrote:

I'm planning a journey to Northern Italy (possibly Genova, I'm
not organising, just following!) in early August this year.

Well, I can't tell you any exact prices but you should bear in
mind that August is THE holiday-month in Italy. Prices can rise
considerably in comparison even to july and accomodations will
be much more difficult to find.

when I was booking things last year August was generally lower
priced compared to June and July -- I am sure it depends on
where the rentals are -- we were looking at city rentals

I've heard about that for Rome etc., too. Seems that most Italians go
for holiday to somewhere near the sea so prices there are usually
more expensive while prices in the cities may be lower. So it depends
on where exactly Johnny will be going...

Martina
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:41 PM
JohnnyJ

Martina Panzer wrote:

I've heard about that for Rome etc., too. Seems that most Italians go
for holiday to somewhere near the sea so prices there are usually
more expensive while prices in the cities may be lower. So it depends
on where exactly Johnny will be going...

Martina

Thank you Martina, and everyone else :-)
JohnnyJ
Old April 17th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Bob Fusillo

when I was booking things last year August was generally lower priced
compared to June and July -- I am sure it depends on where the rentals
are -- we were looking at city rentals.

If you look at the fine print, it is often the hotels without air
conditioning that run cheaper rates in August.
rjf

Old April 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Jenn

Bob Fusillo wrote:

when I was booking things last year August was generally lower priced
compared to June and July -- I am sure it depends on where the rentals
are -- we were looking at city rentals.

If you look at the fine print, it is often the hotels without air
conditioning that run cheaper rates in August.
rjf

I was talking about apartment rentals