In Philadelphia going Airport to Greyhound and return by public transportation

Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:33 PM
Liz

Default In Philadelphia going Airport to Greyhound and return by public transportation

What public transportation is available from PHL, to Greyhound bus terminal?

How late does it run from Greyhound Terminal, back to the airport?

What 'fast food' places are near the bus terminal. Is there areas to
shop and interesting places to see, by the bus terminal?

I understand several terminals at PHL are open 24 hours a day and have
a food court. So if you arrived at the airport at 2am for a 7am flight
you could wait there?

I've never been to Philadelphia before and I like to a little about
a place before I come.

thanks
Old August 23rd, 2004, 05:29 AM
Mark Brader

Larry Gould:
The public transportation from the Airport to Greyhound is the R-1
train. The first trip is about 5 a.m. Take the train to "Market East."

Full schedule for the R-1 in PDF:

http://www.septa.org/service/regiona...es/R1Apr04.pdf

The fare is about $7 each way, as I recall.

Near Greyhound is Reading Terminal Market, with much traditional Amish
fast food available.

Much food of many kinds, in fact.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "1. Buy 64 more buses."
--Michael Wares
Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:04 PM
Liz

(Mark Brader) wrote in message
Larry Gould:
The public transportation from the Airport to Greyhound is the R-1
train. The first trip is about 5 a.m. Take the train to "Market East."

Full schedule for the R-1 in PDF:

http://www.septa.org/service/regiona...es/R1Apr04.pdf

The fare is about $7 each way, as I recall.

Thanks for the info.

What Terminal at PHL does it leave from.

Are there restaurants open 24 hours a day in Reading Terminal Market?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:40 PM
Brian Wasson

As others have suggested, SEPTA's R-1 airport train line runs from the
airport to Center City Philadelphia. You want to get off at the
"Market East" station, which is the third stop in Center City (30th
Street Station, Suburban Station, and then Market East). The bus
terminal is directly outside the train station on Filbert Street (you
need to go up two flights of stairs to get outside from the train
level).

Market East station is in the "Gallery" shopping mall, a large,
multi-level underground mall, with plenty of shopping and a big food
court. Or for good food and a cultural experience head outside and up
to Reading Terminal Market, with food vendors and farm-market stalls.
It's a very popular tourist destination.

The historic area (Liberty Bell, etc.) is a short walk from the train
station (about five blocks). Ask anyone for directions.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Mark Brader

Mark Brader:
Full schedule for the R-1 in PDF:
http://www.septa.org/service/regiona...es/R1Apr04.pdf

Liz:
Thanks for the info.
What Terminal at PHL does it leave from.

All of 'em. Look at the schedule.

Are there restaurants open 24 hours a day in Reading Terminal Market?

I have no idea.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Domine, defende nos
Old August 23rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Mark Brader

Mark Brader:

Old August 24th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Liz

(Mark Brader) wrote in message
Full schedule for the R-1 in PDF:
http://www.septa.org/service/regiona...es/R1Apr04.pdf

Liz:
Thanks for the info.
What Terminal at PHL does it leave from.

All of 'em. Look at the schedule.

I see that now. Thanks. I don't see, on the schedule above, the
train schedle from the Market East back to the airport? I'd have
to know where it started, to get this wouldn't I? Can someone give
me some help there? I assume a printed schedule will be available
at the airport, correct?

For a first time traveller to Philadelphia, it's not to know how to
get to where you're going.

thanks again