(web)travel logs ?

Old April 17th, 2005, 06:16 PM
dutchy

Default (web)travel logs ?

Heya, planning on making an extensive trip in summer this year... What is
the best way to keep family and friends up2date during our trip?? I saw many
travelers using weblogs.

Some advice needed!!
Which ones are the 'best' ? We want to share pictures, stories, also
afterwards, and expanding it whenever we want...

Greetzz,
Dutchy

Old July 10th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Zee

Hi

Ive traveled alot over the last couple of years and recently thought I
use online travelogues instead of writing paper a travel diary. I looked
at a few sites and www.travelpod.com seems a great site. You can
upload pics, write your travelogue or blog or whatever and also map your
trip on an interactive world map. Best thing is its free!

Hope that helps.

Zee

Old July 11th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Stimp

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 Zee wrote:
[...]

I'd also like to recommend GlobeNotes.com. I used it last year to chart
my RTW trip and found it really easy to use and share with my friends
and family.

I tried TravelPod also, but one thing I'd say about it is that you need
to resize pictures yourself before uploading them, and also you need to
pay quite a hefty rate if you want to upload more than 5 MB of images
(around $1 for every extra MB over 5 MB).

They also need you to pay if you want the ability to make your diary
private, which is given as standard on Globenotes.

my two cents.
--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"
Old July 11th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Zee

Hi

I just checked out GlobeNotes but it seems that the standard account
actually only gives you 2mbs space and if you want more that than you
need to subscribe.

Also you CAN make the diary private. Additionally you can set it up so
that when u add an entry an automatic email is sent to the people on
your address list informing them that you have updated your diary. this
needs that you do not need to send individual emails to everyone.

Although I dont know about the resizing in travelpod I agree that with
globenotes you do not need to resize photos. However you still have to
purchase more space as the standard free account only allocates 2mb as
oppose to travelpod which gives you five.

Personally I upload pics to webshots.com and then send everyone a link
to the sideshow album. But what you could do is upload your pics to
webshots and include this link in your diary entry. that why everyone
can view your pics. Webshots.com is also a free service and you can
specify if you want the album to be private or public.

I guess you really need to see what each one offers and then decide the
best for you.

Zee