Grapefruits and Death

Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:36 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

Default Grapefruits and Death

Cerby, I'm disappointed in you. I asked Google for "Day-O" -
lyrics, and
got just the song I was thinking about, where the bunch of bananas
hides
the
deadly black tarantula. In addition I must inform you that Harry is
not
rotating in his grave at all. That's because he's still alive.

Donna Evleth

And hurting the right people. Did you see his description of
Colin Powell
and Rice? House slaves.

Johgn Rennie

certainly did. He was right on.

Donna Evleth

Of course you and Rennie would appreciate the "intellect" of the
calypso singer , Belafonte, more because Rice and Powell are
completely out of your league both intellectually and academically.

The left always admires the spouting of drug crazed high school drop-
outs infesting
Hollywood.

http://www.answers.com/topic/harry-belafonte

"...Belafonte dropped out of high school to enlist in the U.S.
Navy;..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condole..._and_education

Rice graduated from St. Mary's Academy in 1970. In 1974, at age 19,
Rice earned her B.A. in political science, Phi Beta Kappa, from the
University of Denver. In 1975, she obtained her Master's Degree in
political science from the University of Notre Dame. ...In 1981, at
the age of 26, she received her Ph.D. in Political Science from the
Graduate School of International Studies at Denver.,,,,she was a
Professor of political science at Stanford University where she served
as Provost from 1993 to 1999...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_P...nal_background

"..Powell was educated at Morris High School, a former public school
in The Bronx, New York City, from which he graduated in 1954. He
gained a bachelor's degree in geology from City College of New
York..,.He later obtained an MBA from The George Washington University
after his second tour in Vietnam in 1971..."

From: "JohnRennie"
Newsgroups: alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:18:09 +0100
Subject: Grapefruits and Death

From: Cerberus
Newsgroups: alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 14:13:56 +0800

Dayo, Donna? The Banana Boat Song, Q?......How about Jamaican
Farewell? And you call yourselves music lovers.....Harry is rotating
at speed in that grave of his.

Cerby, I'm disappointed in you. I asked Google for "Day-O" - lyrics, and
got just the song I was thinking about, where the bunch of bananas hides
the
deadly black tarantula. In addition I must inform you that Harry is not
rotating in his grave at all. That's because he's still alive.

Donna Evleth

And hurting the right people. Did you see his description of Colin Powell
and Rice? House slaves.

I certainly did. He was right on.

Donna Evleth

Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Fred Bloggs

In article , john-
says...

"Fred Bloggs" wrote in message
.. .
In article .com,
says...
[...]

Whereas the Right prefer the regurgitations of the drug-crazed draft-
dodgers who they "elect" to the White House.

What a strange idea poor old peejay has of a drop out. Belafonte dropped
out of school to join the US Navy. He went to war. Something that peejay
may have been prepared to do but never quite made it.

He was never prepared to do it, John, any more than the gutless wonder
in the White House was. Let's face it, peabrain and his hero are very
willing to let other people get killed for their "principles", but less
than willing to risk even a blister themselves.

Old May 4th, 2007, 11:37 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

What a strange idea poor old peejay has of a drop out. Belafonte
dropped
out of school to join the US Navy. He went to war. Something that
peejay
may have been prepared to do but never quite made it.

John Rennie

I enlisted in the US Marine Corps immediately after graduating high
school in 1950
and served active duty for 3 years during the height of the Korean War
and 5 years in the Marine Corps Reserves after that when I went back
to school. I would have probably stayed in the reserves for another
tour but I got married and had our first child and my wife wanted me
to not extend. A close friend extended and later left a leg in Vietnam
as a Marine Corps Company Commander

Like millions of my contemporaries and WWII vets before me, I took
advantage of the GI Bill which provided financial assistance for
college as compensation for returning veterans and got my BS degree in
1957 from Lehigh University in Bethlehem Pennsylvania after fulfilling
my military obligations. So again, Rennie, you don't have a clue.

Belafonte could have gone back to school after the war like millions
of his veteran contemporaries did but obviously he lacked the mental
equipment to take advantage of it. Even during the draft years people
were not being drafted out of high school so he didn't have to quit
school if he didn't want to.

One could also get military deferments if going on to college after
high school during the draft years Remember the furor over Cheney and
his legal college deferments? Remember Clintons maneuvers to evade the
draft during the Vietnam era? I didn't think so. Don't throw Bush into
the mix. Like it or not Bush served and fulfilled his military
obligation despite the viscious fabrications emanating from your
fellow travellers on the left.

Old May 4th, 2007, 12:23 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
John Rennie

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
oups.com...
What a strange idea poor old peejay has of a drop out. Belafonte
dropped
out of school to join the US Navy. He went to war. Something that
peejay
may have been prepared to do but never quite made it.

John Rennie

I enlisted in the US Marine Corps immediately after graduating high
school in 1950
and served active duty for 3 years during the height of the Korean War
and 5 years in the Marine Corps Reserves after that when I went back
to school.

You served during the height of the Korean War but did you make it to Korea,
peejay? I honestly think that if you had we would know about it. I did
say above that you were prepared to go to war - that should be enough for
you.

Old May 4th, 2007, 02:35 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

I enlisted in the US Marine Corps immediately after graduating high
school in 1950 and served active duty for 3 years during the height
of the Korean War and 5 years in the Marine Corps Reserves after that
when I went back
to school.

PJ

You served during the height of the Korean War but did you make it to
Korea,
peejay?

John Rennie

I went to where the Marine Corps decided to send me between 1950 and
1953 and "where" is for me to know and maybe try to remove from my
memory and for you to guess.

Old May 4th, 2007, 03:06 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
John Rennie

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
oups.com...
I enlisted in the US Marine Corps immediately after graduating high
school in 1950 and served active duty for 3 years during the height
of the Korean War and 5 years in the Marine Corps Reserves after that
when I went back
to school.

PJ

You served during the height of the Korean War but did you make it to
Korea,
peejay?

John Rennie

I went to where the Marine Corps decided to send me between 1950 and
1953 and "where" is for me to know and maybe try to remove from my
memory and for you to guess.

So you didn't make it and you're ashamed that you didn't make it. I don't
think you realise just how transparent you are and just how easily we can
see through your bombast and reveal the over-sensitive ego it endeavours to
cover. As I posted (snipped of course by you) "I did say above that you
were prepared to go to war - that should be enough for you." But deep
down it isn't, is it?

Old May 4th, 2007, 05:30 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

I enlisted in the US Marine Corps immediately after graduating
high
school in 1950 and served active duty for 3 years during the height
of the Korean War and 5 years in the Marine Corps Reserves after
that
when I went back
to school.

PJ

You served during the height of the Korean War but did you make it
Korea peejay?

John Rennie

I went to where the Marine Corps decided to send me between 1950
and
1953 and "where" is for me to know and maybe try to remove from my
memory and for you to guess.

PJ

So you didn't make it and you're ashamed that you didn't make it.

John Rennie

It wasn't a matter of trying to "make it" to qualify for a tour in
Korea in the Marine Corps during those years.

During the Korean War only the "very, very smart" in the Marine Corps
could find a way to avoid a tour in Korea . If you are speculating
that I was one of these "very,very smart" Marines, able to avoid a
tour in Ko-****ing-Rea as we called it then, I will humbly accept the
compliment.

But how would you even have a clue as to the situation in our military
sitting over there in gloomy England.

Old May 4th, 2007, 07:23 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan

Weve already been through this in an old thread called:

"Earl Evleth, the 4F Fat Ass"

I'll merely repaste the excerpts below from the thread taking
expeditious advantage of time.

Studies I have seen indicate that young men who join the marines
have doubts about their own manhood. In your day, it was basically
an homosexual organization, in the broad meaning of the term.

That's really a stretch., Of course you lefties see rascists,
fascists,sexists
and all sorts of perverts ad nauseum that don't exist everywhere
where they aren't so your rant comes as no surprise.

If there were homos in my outfits they were all in the closet because
they would be ostracized unmercifully at that time. The Navy had the
reputation at that time I guess due to long times at sea without
women.
I didn't consider the Navy for that reason combined with the fact that
like the Air Force they required a 4 year enlistment while the Marine
Corps required 3 and I knew I wanted to go to college. Besides I
didn't
like the idea of wearing those silly sailor suits with their silly
caps
for 4 years. I considered eventually getting drafted into the Army as
the pits even for 2 years, so I joined the Marines despite the
concerns
from family.

The girls were not "there" PJ,
Earl

Hey Earl, it depended where one was stationed. I was known as a
"liberty hound" and have some very fond memories from some of those
times. Thanks for reminding me. I know a lot of guys who found their
wives, some stateside, some overseas, while in the military at that
time.

You consistently go off half cocked with your asinine rants of things
you know nothing about. It is really amusing..

The Marine Corps had their Women Marines at stateside bases and
non-combat zones overseas. They were known as BAMs which was an
acronym
for Broad Ass Marine a verboten acronym today, I am sure. Many were
OK
but there was a high incidence of nymphomaniacs ( so I was told).

On May 4, 10:24 am, Earl Evleth wrote:
On 4/05/07 18:30, in article
om, "PJ O'Donovan"

wrote:
I enlisted in the US Marine Corps immediately after graduating
high school in 1950

Tell us more? You graduated in June of 1950 did you not? The Korean
war started on June 25th 1950, when did you actually enlist?

Unlike WWII the Korean war was a war in which a lot of young men
tried to avoid. A complex system of deferments was developed
for college students.

Although those who went to fight in Korea were not considered
fools they were considered unlucky. But anybody foolish enough
to enlist is the Marines is searching for manhood.

Did you find it?