thuth about norovirus

Old January 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

Default thuth about norovirus

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:49:45 -0600, George Leppla wrote:

Uh... the CDC says it is Norovirus. Are you saying this is a massive
cover-up by the CDC to protect the cruise lines from people claiming they
got food poisoning?

Why would they do that?

That would be a first. Gov't agency doing dirty work for Big Biz.

Why does C-I-and A come rushing to my fingertips?
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Chris Poulos" wrote

george have you ever eaten at the buffet on a cruise line. Is the food
hot has the food been sitting there for a while. Im sure there have
been cases of norovirus but Im sure there is a lot of food poisoning
to. CDC in atlanta only knows what the cruise line tells them. those
buffets are bacteria havens. believe what you want.

You do know that the CDC inspects the ships on a regular basis... by
surprise? And they publish the results?

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/cruiselines/cruiselines.htm

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

May 12, 2008 - 5 nt New Orleans http://www.cruisemaster.com/fantasy.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm
Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm

Old January 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

Chris Poulos wrote:

Is the food hot has the food been sitting there for a while. Im
sure there have been cases of norovirus but Im sure there is a lot
of food poisoning to.

You would not have survived, eating at my mother's house. The hot foods
were not hot enough and the cold foods were not cold enough. Maybe that
is why I love cruising.

Becca
Old January 15th, 2008, 04:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Becca :

Chris Poulos wrote:

Is the food hot has the food been sitting there for a while. Im
sure there have been cases of norovirus but Im sure there is a lot
of food poisoning to.

You would not have survived, eating at my mother's house. The hot foods
were not hot enough and the cold foods were not cold enough. Maybe that
is why I love cruising.

Becca

OTOH, I use a thermometer and cook to temperature. And probably a
little above. I also wear gloves when I cut chicken and sterilize the
cutting board (lexan) and knife with chlorox. I've had salmonela
once. Plenty enough.
--
dillon

Always get off the first shot. You may hit him and
you're sure to throw off his aim. -- Lazarus Long
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BrianK

On 1/14/2008 11:02 PM Dillon Pyron did the "neutron dance", then made
these writings:
Thus spake (Chris Poulos) :

george have you ever eaten at the buffet on a cruise line. Is the food
hot has the food been sitting there for a while. Im sure there have
been cases of norovirus but Im sure there is a lot of food poisoning
to. CDC in atlanta only knows what the cruise line tells them. those
buffets are bacteria havens. believe what you want.

I'm not George, I don't play him on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday
Inn Express last night.

But yes, I've eaten at the buffett plenty of times. Have you been to
Luby's lately? Or Furr's?

And how do you explain the outbreaks at places like nursing homes and
day care centers?

There are plenty of samples taken from PTs. And multiple day
outbreaks don't point to undercooked food.

Cites, please.

Norovirus can also be spread from person to person. Other diseases like
some forms of Hep can be passed from person to person. Personal hygiene
should include washing hands or use of a sanitizer even before there
is an outbreak.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old January 15th, 2008, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

Default truth about norovirus

The food is so hot on Royal Caribbean (for example) I have burned my
mouth. Just last month on the Carnival Liberty the Health Inspectors
were onboard while we were docked in San Juan. We asked our waiter the
next night how the inspection went. He said they found 3 items they got
written up for. We asked what were the three items. Our waiter replied
"You don't want to know". We left it at that.
I figure three items is nothing...Not when your serving thousands of
people and dealing with the volume of food that they do.

Old January 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

You can find out what the ship was cited for by pulling up the atlanta
ship inspections,they tell you when the ship was inspected,and what was
wrong.

cruise lover

Old January 16th, 2008, 07:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BrianK

On 1/15/2008 6:01 PM Surfer E2468 did the "neutron dance", then made
these writings:
You can find out what the ship was cited for by pulling up the atlanta
ship inspections,they tell you when the ship was inspected,and what was
wrong.

cruise lover

You can also find the information via a link off the CDC. Vassal
Sanitation Program:
http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/default.htm

--
________