Poll: Should we end the invasive airport screenings?

Old November 21st, 2010, 08:04 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
Just2Reason

Default Poll: Should we end the invasive airport screenings?

Poll: Should we end the invasive airport screenings?

http://just2reason.newsvine.com/_new...ort-screenings

Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
Freedom Man

Default Should we end the invasive airport screenings?

"Just2Reason" wrote in message
Poll: Should we end the invasive airport screenings?

http://just2reason.newsvine.com/_new...ort-screenings

Absolutely. We should not allow the government's terrorism fearmongering to
deprive us of our freedoms and privacy.

Also such airport screenings, even full body and baggage searches, cannot
guarantee safety. Any "terrorist" with half a brain, like the 9/11
conspirators in the Bush administration, can simply use a surface to air
missile to take down a plane and then blame it on whomever they want, or
claim it was some sort of accident. They did just that to TWA flight 800
over Long Island, NY about 10 years ago. And as with 9/11, their lies,
control of the media, and the brainwashed, apathetic Sheeple allowed these
murdering warmongers to get away with it. Could the shootdown of flight 800
possibly have been a test to see what they could get away with?

Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:19 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
Angel A

There are two ways to secure internal air travel in the US.

1) Secure the borders.
Put an effective defense that can stop *most* terrorists from even
getting into the US.

2) Use the TSA to treat anybody and everybody as a terrorist.

From the Obama administration point of view #1 has two problems:
A) Cost. The Israeli fence around Gaza that stops suicide bombers
cost only a million dollar per km. A similar fence between the US
and Mexico would cost, for 3,000 km, about $3 billion. The TSA
cost about $7 billion per year so an effective fence would mean that
the Obama administration will have $4 billion less to spend as it
wishes.
In addition, the fence will be built by private companies after a
competitive bidding. Not much opportunity to get some jobs for
friends and family of those in power.

B) Power. The TSA is about power. Either you let them sexually
molest you or you will not fly. It is that simple. The only exception
is people that the administration likes, AKA VIP. You may feel
that the government is too intrusive and vote for the Tea Party,
but the Obama administration will get to molest you in the air
port and teaches you once and for all who is the real boss.
Why would Obama give up this kind of power?
Old November 23rd, 2010, 05:56 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
Al Nakba

http://just2reason.newsvine.com/_new...6-poll-should-...

Absolutely. We should not allow the government's terrorism fearmongering to
deprive us of our freedoms and privacy.

Also such airport screenings, even full body and baggage searches, cannot
guarantee safety. Any "terrorist" with half a brain, like the 9/11
conspirators in the Bush administration, can simply use a surface to air
missile to take down a plane and then blame it on whomever they want, or
claim it was some sort of accident. They did just that to TWA flight 800
over Long Island, NY about 10 years ago. And as with 9/11, their lies,
control of the media, and the brainwashed, apathetic Sheeple allowed these
murdering warmongers to get away with it. Could the shootdown of flight 800
possibly have been a test to see what they could get away with?

No muslims, no terrorists.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:20 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
Freedom Man

--
No muslims, no terrorists.

That was the most stupid and bigoted statement I've read in a long time.

Old November 24th, 2010, 08:49 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
Al Nakba

On Nov 23, 1:20*pm, "Freedom Man" wrote:
"Al Nakba" wrote in message

[...]

That was the most stupid and bigoted statement I've read in a long time.- Hide quoted text -

was it untruthful? Be honest now..
Old November 24th, 2010, 03:00 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
MLD

"Just2Reason" wrote in message
Poll: Should we end the invasive airport screenings?

http://just2reason.newsvine.com/_new...ort-screenings

When was the last time an Israeli aircraft or airport has a problem?
Passengers don't remove shoes or go through body searches etc. etc. They
rely primarily on a short conversation, a couple of questions and profiling.
Whatever else they do is essentially non-intrusive and obviously very
effective. Why aren't we taking lessons from them?
MLD

Old November 24th, 2010, 05:11 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
mikeos

On 24/11/2010 07:49, Al Nakba wrote:

No muslims, no terrorists.

That was the most stupid and bigoted statement I've read in a long time.- Hide quoted text -

was it untruthful? Be honest now..

Yes. Not many of the I.R.A or the Red Army Faction, or The Shining Path,
were Muslims.

Old November 24th, 2010, 05:17 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
Fred[_12_]

In mikeos
wrote:

On 24/11/2010 07:49, Al Nakba wrote:

No muslims, no terrorists.

That was the most stupid and bigoted statement I've read in a long
time.- Hide quoted text -

was it untruthful? Be honest now..

Yes. Not many of the I.R.A or the Red Army Faction, or The Shining
Path, were Muslims.

Thanks for the history lesson, but I think he was talking about what's
going on right now.

Old November 25th, 2010, 12:29 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.activism,talk.politics.mideast
mikeos

On 24/11/2010 16:17, Fred wrote:
In
wrote:

On 24/11/2010 07:49, Al Nakba wrote:

No muslims, no terrorists.

That was the most stupid and bigoted statement I've read in a long
time.- Hide quoted text -

was it untruthful? Be honest now..

Yes. Not many of the I.R.A or the Red Army Faction, or The Shining
Path, were Muslims.

Thanks for the history lesson, but I think he was talking about what's
going on right now.

Focus on one ethnic group and you could get off guard, and find you're
looking the wrong way at the wrong time. I guess Oklahoma is also
considered ancient history. Don't know what mosque Timothy Mcveigh went to!