wotif website

Old October 20th, 2003, 04:16 PM
X & N Jehanne

Default wotif website

I was wondering if some of you have used this website, and how reliable is
their list of vacancies. I find it hard to believe that there are so many
rooms available in Sydney right now, during the rugby world cup, while on
other websites, I can't see any vacancies for the same hotels at the same
date. I'm only going in 3 weeks time, so cannot yet book with Wotif to find
out if their vacancies are 'real'.

Old October 20th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Freda

Both www.wotif.com.au and www.needitnow.com.au
are reliable and have used them both on many occasions.
Save quite a lot and am getting $175 room for $95
in city from Monday to thursday 27/10 on.
at Park Regis Hotel
Freda
--
Please reply to the list as my email address is a fake

Old October 20th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Ken

Used www.wotif.com extensively a few weeks ago when in Oz for 4 weeks & no
probs with bookings or availability shown on site.

Also try www.dingoescape.com & www.quickbeds.com to compare prices before
booking.

Old October 20th, 2003, 11:10 PM
David Bennetts

"X & N Jehanne" wrote in message
I was wondering if some of you have used this website, and how reliable is
their list of vacancies. I find it hard to believe that there are so many
rooms available in Sydney right now, during the rugby world cup, while on
other websites, I can't see any vacancies for the same hotels at the same
date. I'm only going in 3 weeks time, so cannot yet book with Wotif to

find
out if their vacancies are 'real'.

Have used both websites and found them excellent. I think there was a lot
of media hype about the potential numbers of people coming to Sydney for the
world cup - a lot of it possibly generated by unscrupulous hoteliers to get
in early bookings with rooms paid for months in advance at inflated prices.

A bit like what happened during the Olympics with taxidrivers, the business
was down with many sitting on their butts waiting for a fare - because the
transport organisation for the games with so many charter buses and
dedicated vehicles for transport of officials and athletes was so good that
taxis weren't really required very much

Regards

David Bennetts

Old October 21st, 2003, 08:22 AM
Neil Raines

We have used this site. They were excellent.

There were thousands of unsold tickets for the Rugby so it is not surprising
that the hotels have unsold rooms.

Old October 21st, 2003, 12:57 PM
Roo

Have used Wotif.com often, no hassles and are very reputable, have 100%
confidence.
Roo Perth

Old October 21st, 2003, 01:13 PM
Chris Brown

X & N Jehanne wrote:
I was wondering if some of you have used this website, and how reliable is
their list of vacancies. I find it hard to believe that there are so many

I've used them and they're fine. One comment - Print out your booking
receipt and have it with you, just in case.

Also, if you're worried, a few days after you book with wotif call the
hotel directly and make sure they have the booking. That way you'll be sure
they're expecting you.

Chrisb.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:22 PM
Frank Slootweg

X & N Jehanne wrote:
I was wondering if some of you have used this website, and how reliable is
their list of vacancies. I find it hard to believe that there are so many
rooms available in Sydney right now, during the rugby world cup, while on
other websites, I can't see any vacancies for the same hotels at the same
date. I'm only going in 3 weeks time, so cannot yet book with Wotif to find
out if their vacancies are 'real'.

My advice is to always try *several* sites and *also* (try to) go
directly to the accomodations themselves. For example on August 25, we
used Travelmate (http://travelmate.com.au) to get a quote for the
Holiday Inn Adelaide for the night from December 6 to 7. Travelmate said
(in e-mail) that the HI was not available. We then went to the HI's site
and could book for a price which was lower than on any site we had seen.
So this time direct was better, but in another case (different town/time/
accomodation) a website was better.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:17 AM
X & N Jehanne

Thanks to everybody for all this info !