How many countries?

Old December 12th, 2003, 11:02 AM
st

Default How many countries?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:07:46 -0800, Barbara Wegmann
wrote:

My husband won two plane tickets to London and we plan to use them to spend a
week in Europe. We want to see as many countries as we possibly can in 5 days.
Friends have told us the countries are pretty small and you can do them quickly.
So we plan to take a train from London to like Athens or the farthest point we
can and just see each country as we go by. I don't care to see anything in
particular, to tell you the truth I prefer to vacation in Orlando or Anaheim,
and after the way Europeans turned against us and our great President earlier
this year I would just as soon not spend any money there and help out their
economies with our dollars, but my husband really wants to use the free tickets
and if we take a long train ride across a lot of countries and take pictures
along the way then at least we can tell our friends back home we've been there
done that. Does any have any idea what's the most countries we can see in 5
days and which would be the best trains to take to pack in the most countries?

Thanks,

Barbara W.

At the moment, France seems to be popular for patriotic Americans.
Perhaps you should go to Paris and see how many people you can ****
off.

Old December 12th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Tom Bellhouse

wrote:

My husband won two plane tickets to London and

we plan to use them to spend a
week in Europe. We want to see as many

countries as we possibly can in 5 days.
Friends have told us the countries are pretty

small and you can do them quickly.
(SNIP)

At the moment, France seems to be popular for

patriotic Americans.
Perhaps you should go to Paris and see how many

people you can ****
off.

We just got back from Europe. Seeing the
Netherlands, Belgium and Germany only took about
thirty seconds. Go to "Dreipuntland" (as I
recall) near Aachen, where the three countries
meet at a common corner. There's a flagpole there
that you can walk around and recite, "Netherlands,
Germany, Belgium," and that's all the time it
takes to see those three countries. A real
time-saver.

As for anti-Americanism in Europe at the moment,
we got a few questions from genuinely puzzled
people about our idiot President, but not with any
ill will toward us personally. The most telling
was a man at a market in Leiden, who asked, "Why
do Americans hate Muslims?" The most pointed was
a Dutchman who said, "Bush thinks he is very
smart, but he is very, very stupid." From these
and other similar conversations, we concluded that
accurate observation and clear thinking are alive
and well in Northern Europe. BTW, although we are
clearly American (white socks), we were treated
with total courtesy and politeness during our week
in France.

Tom
Alto, GA, USA

Old December 12th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Keith Anderson

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:55:29 GMT, John Bermont
wrote:

Barbara Wegmann wrote:
[...]

Barbara,

For only five days just stay in London. Bush's friends, if any, are
right there.

John Bermont

By Jove, that's spiffing advice old boy! Our Great Leader and that
Bush fellah from the Colonies certainly showed the fuzzy-wuzzies a
thing or two, what? Good idea to enter a hostelry., let Mine Host know
where you're from and it'll be free beer and jellied eels all night.
Pick up a copy of the "Daily Mqail" every day just to know what those
dastardly European cads are up to and take it easy.

Fforbes-Frobisher RN (Ret'd)

Old December 12th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Lennart Petersen

"szozu" hoppbunny at hotmail dot com skrev i meddelandet

"Såndor, the Gypsy Baron" wrote in message
Hello Barbara

Save train fare, You can easily walk through Europe in 5 days, the
hiking trails are great.

And I think Ekaterinburg would be a good starting point.
Lana

Being just outside the borderline of Europe

Old December 12th, 2003, 04:19 PM
DALing

_5_ days? Waste of time to try to go more than _2_ PLACES because of the
travel time. By the time you get in and set up, you've lost day 1.
assuming you actually SEE something the first day, you move to another place
(by AIR or you will spend the better part of a day on the train) and repeat
the process. BTW - We did SOUTHERN Spain for 11 days and got to _5_ CITIES
(including a _day_ at the Prado in Madrid) and aside from being able to say
"we were there" merely scratched the surface. (oh, and that included a day
trip to Tangiers from Terifa, too - the best part was being able to say we
were on 2 continents during the trip) BTW - IF you're 'Murican, you will be
astounded by Euro "sticker shock" at the 22% premium. AIN'T CHEAP, and
Britain is still more expensive

Old December 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
DALing

Canuck... they will RRREALLY be inspired by Euro sticker shock, EH!
"Charles Hawtrey" wrote in message
Jenn staggered to the nearest keyboard and wrote:

In article ,
"Mark Hewitt" wrote:

"Barbara Wegmann" wrote in message
My husband won two plane tickets to London and we plan to use them to
spend a
week in Europe. We want to see as many countries as we possibly can

in 5
days.
This is a troll right?
On the slim chance it isn't, don't come here.

not only an obvious troll -- but I'm guessing, not even an American troll

Based on what I can deduce from the headers, apparently Canadian.

--
hambu n hambu hodo

Old December 12th, 2003, 08:54 PM
mrtrav3

DALing wrote:

_5_ days? Waste of time to try to go more than _2_ PLACES because of the
travel time. By the time you get in and set up, you've lost day 1.

Why? You can fly into LHR early in the AM
What "set up" is needed?

Old December 12th, 2003, 09:00 PM
szozu

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

"szozu" hoppbunny at hotmail dot com skrev i meddelandet

"Såndor, the Gypsy Baron" wrote in message
Hello Barbara

Save train fare, You can easily walk through Europe in 5 days, the
hiking trails are great.

And I think Ekaterinburg would be a good starting point.
Lana

Being just outside the borderline of Europe

Exactly! What better place to start than the gateway to Europe?

Lana

Old December 12th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Nomen Nescio

Cisco kook Michael Voight, posing as mrtrav3 trolled:

DALing wrote:

_5_ days? Waste of time to try to go more than _2_ PLACES because of the
travel time. By the time you get in and set up, you've lost day 1.

Why? You can fly into LHR early in the AM
What "set up" is needed?

Well, for starters, the next flight you're on blowing up into a million pieces
somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean would be nice........

About Netkook Troll/Usenet Flooder Michael "mrt/mrtravel" Voight

"mrt/mrtravel" are the regular usenet handles of a brainless troll whose
real name is Michael Voight . He works for Cisco in
San Jose and apparently they don't keep him busy enough so he has to troll
usenet when he isn't looking for foreign brides to marry in exchange for
money in alt.visa.us.marriage-based and alt.personals.big-folks, or trying
to pick up minors in alt.personals.teens or any of the number of creepy
newsgroups he frequents. Some of his other trolling aliases are Network
Guy, , sleepydoc , jlhunt
, and Lost 5 of 8 , mrt ,
news.sf.sbcglobal.net , and not-nomen . His
latest one is UCLAisthebest .

All intelligent members of the usenet community have killfiled him, so he takes
great pains to get past their killfiles by rubbing his only two cerebral neurons
together and coming up with gems like: mrtrav and mrtrav3
.

His phone number is 831-252-2606.

He's got a daughter in Orange County that one of his ex-wives had the
intelligence to take away from him. Lord only knows what could have
happened to her if she had continued to live with the kook. The other kids
he has belong to his previous Russian sleazy brides, and since they come
and go so do the kids. It wouldn't hurt to let Cisco know what kind of
deviant sexual pervert maniac they have working for them, so....

For starters, forward his idiotic posts to
.

He works in technical support, so forward them to
.

He often posts through sbcglobal and prodigy, so forward them to
and as well.

You can also call them at 1 800 553 2447 and ask to speak with a supervisor
and explain that you are EXTREMELY unhappy that this idiot spends his whole
day at work playing on the internet on company time. THEY WILL NOT LIKE
THAT.

Then write to corporate headquarters explaining what this idiot is doing
and telling them HOW BAD IT IS FOR THEIR COMPANY IMAGE. They will LOVE
that you brought this to their attention:

Cisco Systems, Inc.
170 West Tasman Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134
USA

Then also call them. You should always follow up email or letters with
phone calls. Always ask for supervisors or managers. Try to get as far up
as possible.

(408)526-4000
(800)553-NETS or
(800)553-6387

Contact Investor Relations and tell them you are interested in investing in
their company but won't do so until they get rid of this asshole who is
wasting company resources:

Cisco Systems, Inc.
Investor Relations Department
170 West Tasman Drive
San Jose, CA 95134-1706
Phone: (408) 526-8890
Fax: (408) 526-4545
Email:

Might as well contact customer service too, they LOVE to hear about this
type of stuff:

USA 1 800 553 6387

Then finally, send letters with copies of his nasty posts addressed
personally to each one of the OFFICERS of the company using the
headquarters address. Believe me, they READ your complaints and are VERY
INTERESTED in them, especially if it's about one of their employees. They
will take a PERSONAL interest in rooting this ASSHOLE out of their company:

John Morgridge, Chairman
John Chambers, President, CEO
Donald Valentine, Vice Chairman
Larry Carter, CFO, Sr. VP-Fin. and Admin., Sec., Director
Richard Justice, Sr. VP, Worldwide Field Operations

Have fun!

Old December 12th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Keeger

Barbara Wegmann wrote:

We want to see as many countries as we possibly can in 5 days.

This will require a Roman cab driver, but is quite doable. Enjoy!