[USA] Genesis Travel Benefits & Qantas Vacations

Old December 17th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Downunder

I once heard of a group called the Untouchables...

Another self declared one

wrote in message
On 16 Dec 2004 20:56:56 GMT, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

Peter Titze wrote:
No spam here

Indeed no spam here (\/), but surely here (/\)! [1]

Cath wrote:

[deleted]

[1] Yes, I know it isn't spam (because a single posting can never be
spam). At most, it is an unwanted, by some, commercial posting.

Hey face-ache, when it comes to posting something that may be of
interest to maybe ONE person, I will continue to do so.
As long as I have no affiliation whatsoever.

It's obviously out of your knowledge that this type of scheme also
occurs in other countries and is one way people can travel - I know of
several who have used similar schemes.

So, I take it, if I or Tom, Dick or Harry, post a or any special
airfare deals from Qantas, Air New Zealand et al, you will judge it
to be an unwanted commercial posting?

What if I post anything about the AU$19 Australian domestic airfares
currently being offered? Is it likely you will also say that is
"an unwanted, by some, commercial posting"?
[If anyone is interested, please email me directly so I don't offend
Frank by posting the details here!] Now there's an idea, if I
have something of interest, maybe I should just made a brief posting
and have them email me for the full text!

I receive anywhere from between a dozen to approx 50+ emails per day
dedicated to Australia, the majority of which involve the Australian
Tourism Industry in one form or another. I could post more
but I don't, in fact, because of the **** I receive from you and your
'mate', I don't bother. Who is missing out? Maybe just ONE
interested person. Then again, maybe I should and to hell with you.
Afterall, you don't own Usenet; this group is unmoderated, and as long
I stay within the boundaries of the Charter/FAQ, there can't be any
harm except of course, to offend you but who the **** are you anyway!

Whilst I am not an Australian nor have visited Australia, it has not
stopped me from posting items pertaining to Australia.
Oh, I did undertake/passed Destination Australia on my course.

Now, changing the subjet, WHEN are **you** then going to post boo
about those who are posting their url/s to their commercial websites
on this newsgroup???

I notice you have not said a word about those. Why not?
In some cases, their websites state they are members are X,Y,Z
organsiations and in fact are not; and/or are not posting their
Australian and/or State licences, et al...

So let's see you get on their back now Frank...

So in closing, **** off Frank and be a brave man and stop forging your
headers... nah, your too ****ing chicken too aren't you.
You're just a little dip**** who hides behind a forged header...
Such a brave brave man aren't you.
Whatcha got to be afraid of huh?

Cath

Old December 17th, 2004, 02:46 PM

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:18:34 +1000, "Downunder"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On 16 Dec 2004 20:56:56 GMT, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

[msge snipped]

I once heard of a group called the Untouchables...

Another self declared one

LOL...

At least I don't abuse the Charter/FAQ of this group.

BTW did you ever bother to research changing the Charter/FAQ?
If so, why have you not mooted it be done?

Cath

Old December 17th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Frank Slootweg

wrote:

Peter Titze wrote:
No spam here

Indeed no spam here (\/), but surely here (/\)! [1]

Cath wrote:

[deleted]

^L
[1] Yes, I know it isn't spam (because a single posting can never be
spam). At most, it is an unwanted, by some, commercial posting.

Hey face-ache, when it comes to posting something that may be of
interest to maybe ONE person, I will continue to do so.
As long as I have no affiliation whatsoever.

Chill out, Cath! I was actually supporting you and critcizing (sp?)
the other poster (Peter Titze), but you are apparently so pre-occupied
by some of my earlier postings, in which I *did* (rightfully) criticize
you, that you are no longer able to read what I actually wrote.

Look at the "\/" and "/\" thingies. They are arrows. I had to use
"\/", because there is no downward-pointing equivalent of the "^"
character. So, just follow the arrows, see what they point to and you'll
(hopefully) figure it out.

[deleted]

[more ranting deleted]

Now, changing the subjet, WHEN are **you** then going to post boo
about those who are posting their url/s to their commercial websites
on this newsgroup???

I notice you have not said a word about those. Why not?

Well, actually I *did* (in the posting which you replied to), but
apparently that went right over your head as well.

In some cases, their websites state they are members are X,Y,Z
organsiations and in fact are not; and/or are not posting their
Australian and/or State licences, et al...

So let's see you get on their back now Frank...

So in closing, **** off Frank and be a brave man and stop forging your
headers... nah, your too ****ing chicken too aren't you.
You're just a little dip**** who hides behind a forged header...
Such a brave brave man aren't you.
Whatcha got to be afraid of huh?

Cath

What "forging" would that be? That I don't supply an email address?
That is a choice, and an RFC (standard) compliant one at that. I post in
public, with my *full* real name, and do not sollicit email responses.
Nothing wrong with that is there, Cath ... what's your name again?

Old December 17th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Dave Proctor

Cath wrote:

[deleted]

[1] Yes, I know it isn't spam (because a single posting can never be
spam). At most, it is an unwanted, by some, commercial posting.

I am rather bemused by the fact that Cath castigated people for
commercial postings, even those where there was no financial interest
by the poster. Her posts were totally uncalled for, as was the general
consensus amongst those who told her to lay off.

Now that she has done her dummy spit, she starts doing the exact same
thing that she was telling people off for.

Must be a female thing.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/

Old December 18th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Cardigan

Cath HAS made commercial postings of JUST a URL, not in response to
anything, no other text, JUST the URL of a commercial site.

Kettle is black.

Also, if I had a commercial interest, lets say I contact Cath and ask her to
add my site to the list of sites she regularly promotes for a small
recompense.....

Old December 18th, 2004, 11:48 PM
katnipper

Cath wrote:
Genesis Travel Benefits & Qantas Vacations Make It Easy To Plan and
Pay For Holidays in the Land Down Under

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 14, 2004-
Jetabout North America, which does business under the Qantas

Vacations
brand, and Genesis Travel Benefits, a payroll deduction benefits
company specializing in travel and leisure, have announced a
partnership to offer unique vacations and travel packages that
employees can pay for through their employer's payroll deduction
voluntary benefits program.

"Qantas Vacations joins renowned Carnival=AE Cruise Lines, luxury
Sandals=AE couples-only holidays, and Beaches=AE family vacations as

part
of our incredible line-up of vacation offerings through Genesis

Travel
Benefits' payroll deduction program for employers," announced Simon
Reynolds, President and CEO of Genesis Travel Benefits.

Qantas Vacations brand is the largest vacation wholesaler to

Australia
and New Zealand from the U.S. and it specializes in customized

leisure
travel to other South Pacific countries such as Fiji and Tahiti.
Kieron Keady, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Qantas
Vacations, says, "Qantas Vacations sees this as an exciting
proposition to bring our vacation packages to a large, new audience.
Our relationship with Genesis will deliver our products to interested
consumers via their company benefits plan. Employees will now be able
to save towards the cost of a fantastic South Pacific vacation

through
pre-agreed payroll deductions with their employer." Qantas Vacations
will use Qantas Airways as their exclusive air carrier for the
program.

According to Mr. Reynolds, employers, brokers and benefit consultants
are eager to learn about how to add payroll deduction vacation
packages to their worksite voluntary benefits programs. "Think about
it. What's more exciting to talk about than vacations? Employees

truly
appreciate this opportunity to plan and pay for
holidays-of-a-lifetime, like an adventure 'down under' in Australia,
through payroll deduction. It's easy for the employee and employer.

It
increases employee satisfaction with the employer's benefits plan and
provides a new revenue stream for brokers and consultants in the
workplace benefits business," he explained.

For the employer, the payroll deduction travel benefit service can be
added to an existing voluntary benefits program at no additional cost
or administrative burden. Plus, Genesis Travel Benefits makes it easy
for the employer and broker by handling all of the enrollment and
reservations for the benefit.

"Genesis Travel Benefits is living up to its mission of expanding our
product line with the best vacation packages offered by the best
travel and leisure companies in the world. We are getting great
reviews from travelers as well," continued Mr. Reynolds.

Contact: Qantas Vacations/Jetabout Island Vacations
Kieron J. Keady, 310-535-1002
or
Genesis Travel Benefits, St. Petersburg, FL
Simon Reynolds, 877-333-9009

Old December 18th, 2004, 11:54 PM
katnipper

Cath wrote:
[...]

I contacted my travel agent about oz/nz trip and they sent me a quote
from Quantas Vactions---- WoW talk about expensive!! I have been
booking flights, rental cars, hotel and tours for much less than
Quantas!!!!!