Melbourne to Adelaide

Old January 17th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Mark Little

Default Melbourne to Adelaide

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mark Little" wrote in news:40089bfc$1
I recommend the "Otway Fly" if you would like a good tree-top walk.

http://www.otwayfly.com/home.htm

Great idea, Mark - if we're able to find the place, seems a little vague
"45 min. drive from Apollo Bay..." Thanks for the suggestion.

It is near the Triplet Falls which is on the local tourist maps.

Mark

Old January 17th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Richard

"Mark Little" wrote in news:4008d186$1
@duster.adelaide.on.net:

"Richard" wrote in message
"Mark Little" wrote in news:40089bfc$1
I recommend the "Otway Fly" if you would like a good tree-top walk.

http://www.otwayfly.com/home.htm

Great idea, Mark - if we're able to find the place, seems a little vague
"45 min. drive from Apollo Bay..." Thanks for the suggestion.

It is near the Triplet Falls which is on the local tourist maps.

Mark

Cheers, mate :-)

Richard
Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:23 AM
Les Chandra

"Piper" wrote in
:

Hi...from Melbourne to Adelaide,is it quite compulsory catching a
plane because of the distance (maybe with Virgin Blue) or is it
possible going there by bus? Maybe with a couple stopovers in
interesting places (such as?? I've already seen great ocean road,Port
Fairy,Anglesea,Apollo Bay)....any suggestions will be
appreciate...also on Adelaide,what to see and what to do...of
course,tha main reason of my trip over there is Kangaroo Island!

Thanks
Veronica

I say Veronia, would you by any chance fit into the category of 'overseas
backpacker'? If so, have you looked at the Rex backpacker ticket?
http://www.rex.com.au/backpacker/about.aspx. It looks good value ($499
for a month's unlimted travel) and it will get you from Melbourne to
Tasmania (Burnie or Devonport), Melbourne to Adelaide via Mount Gambier
and Adelaide to Kingscote KI (plus other places of course).

Even without, the fare MEL-MBG-ADL can sometimes be competetive,and its a
more fun way to fly!

Les
Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
linnie2003

Hi
Just wondering, is the Great Ocean Road a 'relaxing' drive...looks v
bendy and I don't want to do a grace kelly... thanks

Old February 2nd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Dave Proctor

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:23:01 +0000, linnie2003
wrote:

Hi
Just wondering, is the Great Ocean Road a 'relaxing' drive...looks v
bendy and I don't want to do a grace kelly... thanks

Very easy drive, if you take your time.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/
Old February 3rd, 2004, 09:16 AM
Daniel Bowen

"linnie2003" wrote in message
Just wondering, is the Great Ocean Road a 'relaxing' drive...looks v
bendy and I don't want to do a grace kelly... thanks

Relaxing is the best and safest way to do it.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
Email: dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old February 3rd, 2004, 11:09 AM
Mark Little

"linnie2003" wrote in message

Hi
Just wondering, is the Great Ocean Road a 'relaxing' drive...looks v
bendy and I don't want to do a grace kelly... thanks

If you take your time, it is a pleasant drive, although you are correct that
there are plenty of bends. They aren't a problem if you follow the advisory
speed signs and keep left.

There a few "black spots" which have elevated accident rates, so I suspect
that Friday and Saturday nights may see the rubber heads miss a few corners.
Having said that, I did the length of the GOR recently and didn't have any
problems.

regards,
Mark