flight booking problems

Old March 5th, 2004, 01:30 PM
John

Default flight booking problems

I'm really dissapointed of booking services in Europe.
I really can't understand how it works.
I had decided to fly from Athens to Prague and back in mid-April.
I started searching in February. The only direct flights were available
from CSA. However CSA's schedule was ending on 31-Mar-2004. I mailed
them and got an answer that schedule and prices for April would be
announced in late March.
It's early of March now and I found out that schedule is out and ....
the flight is FULL!!!! No available seats in economy class!!!!!!

My travel agent told me that many other travel agents book for their
groups (organized travel trips).

So someone who wants to travel independently is uncapable to do so!
I'm really dissapointed with this service

--
John
Old March 5th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Ulf Kutzner

John schrieb:

I'm really dissapointed of booking services in Europe.
I really can't understand how it works.
I had decided to fly from Athens to Prague and back in mid-April.
I started searching in February. The only direct flights were available
from CSA. However CSA's schedule was ending on 31-Mar-2004. I mailed
them and got an answer that schedule and prices for April would be
announced in late March.
It's early of March now and I found out that schedule is out and ....
the flight is FULL!!!! No available seats in economy class!!!!!!

My travel agent told me that many other travel agents book for their
groups (organized travel trips).

So someone who wants to travel independently is uncapable to do so!
I'm really dissapointed with this service

What do you await from a code share monopoly of both national carriers?

So try to get flights with change in, let's say, Budapest.

Regards, ULF
Old March 5th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Markku Gronroos

"John" wrote in message
I'm really dissapointed of booking services in Europe.
I really can't understand how it works.
I had decided to fly from Athens to Prague and back in mid-April.
I started searching in February. The only direct flights were available
from CSA. However CSA's schedule was ending on 31-Mar-2004. I mailed
them and got an answer that schedule and prices for April would be
announced in late March.

Very odd indeed and all nonsense. I used the CSA engine for dates 13.4
Athens - Prague and 17.4 Prague - Athens. Flight OKO421 departs at 05:50
and arrives in Prague at 07:40. Flight OKO420 departs at 22:40 and arrives
in Athens at 02:15 next day. They definitely do sell tickets for april
flights. Somehow the person who responded to your letter have managed to
misunderstand you. Try again or some travel agent. You can get your ticket
now unless the planes are not fully booked.

Old March 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM
John

Ένας μυστήριος άνθρωπος ονόματι Ulf Kutzner έγραψε :
What do you await from a code share monopoly of both national carriers?

So try to get flights with change in, let's say, Budapest.

Regards, ULF

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. The problem is that with CSA I was
departing in the morning and returning late afternoon, so I wasn't
missing any day. Now with Malev I have to depart afternoon and return
morning (one day lost)

Anyway ...
I was told that Lufthansa had very good prices, but these very economy
tickets are sold out.

--
John
Old March 5th, 2004, 02:25 PM
John

Ένας μυστήριος άνθρωπος ονόματι Markku Gronroos έγραψε :
They definitely do sell tickets for april
flights. Somehow the person who responded to your letter have managed to
misunderstand you. Try again or some travel agent. You can get your ticket
now unless the planes are not fully booked.

You mean CSA's mail? or my local travel agent?
CSA told me that in february and in fact no website offered tickets for
April (ie travelocity.com)
Now all local travel agents (and CSA's offices in Athens) give the
flight PRG-ATH on 18April fully occupied.

--
John
Old March 5th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Markku Gronroos

"John" wrote in message
Ένας μυστήριος άνθρωπος ονόματι Markku Gronroos έγραψε :
They definitely do sell tickets for april
flights. Somehow the person who responded to your letter have managed to
misunderstand you. Try again or some travel agent. You can get your

ticket
now unless the planes are not fully booked.

You mean CSA's mail? or my local travel agent?

You wrote yourself that CSA told that schedules for the 18th April flights
will be effective no sooner than since late March. Well, it isn't late March
yet.

CSA told me that in february and in fact no website offered tickets for
April (ie travelocity.com)
Now all local travel agents (and CSA's offices in Athens) give the
flight PRG-ATH on 18April fully occupied.

Strange. When I use their booking engine for the flights on 18th April, it
doesn't suggest this at all but indicates that I can confirm the economy
class seats by 549,44 euros each (economy, heh heh). These tickets are full
fare ecomomy. I guess you want something else.

Old March 5th, 2004, 04:17 PM
John

Ένας μυστήριος άνθρωπος ονόματι Markku Gronroos έγραψε :
You wrote yourself that CSA told that schedules for the 18th April flights
will be effective no sooner than since late March. Well, it isn't late March
yet.

Yes, but schedule is available now!

Strange. When I use their booking engine for the flights on 18th April, it
doesn't suggest this at all but indicates that I can confirm the economy
class seats by 549,44 euros each (economy, heh heh). These tickets are full
fare ecomomy. I guess you want something else.

Oops, change there ... Last few days (until I wrote the first message
here and wrote one complain letter to CSA) the price was normal (which
is 300-350euros) but without availability.

--
John

Old March 5th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Ulf Kutzner

John schrieb:

You wrote yourself that CSA told that schedules for the 18th April flights
will be effective no sooner than since late March. Well, it isn't late March
yet.

Yes, but schedule is available now!

Strange. When I use their booking engine for the flights on 18th April, it
doesn't suggest this at all but indicates that I can confirm the economy
class seats by 549,44 euros each (economy, heh heh). These tickets are full
fare ecomomy. I guess you want something else.

Oops, change there ... Last few days (until I wrote the first message
here and wrote one complain letter to CSA) the price was normal (which
is 300-350euros) but without availability.

Is the a waiting list for your accepted tariff?

Regards, ULF
Old March 5th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Markku Gronroos

"John" wrote in message
Ένας μυστήριος άνθρωπος ονόματι Markku Gronroos έγραψε :
You wrote yourself that CSA told that schedules for the 18th April

flights
will be effective no sooner than since late March. Well, it isn't late

March
yet.

Yes, but schedule is available now!

That is right. And it has been so for a long time now I suppose.

Old March 5th, 2004, 10:02 PM
John

Ένας μυστήριος άνθρωπος ονόματι Ulf Kutzner έγραψε :
Is the a waiting list for your accepted tariff?

Yes.

--
John