Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

Old October 16th, 2014, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:23:17 AM UTC+1, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 01:56:41 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:04:53 AM UTC+1, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 01:53:56 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:

On Monday, October 6, 2014 9:31:20 PM UTC+1, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 07:04:36 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:

On Monday, October 6, 2014 12:36:27 PM UTC+1, Martin wrote:

snip

houses in N Staffordshire cost a fraction of the price of houses in Surrey. A

good three bed roomed semi-detached house costs under ?150K

Makes one wonder why there isn't a mass migration to leafy N Staffordshire :-)

You're telling me.

I've just moved (within the same town) to a small 3-bedroom detached bungalow for ?400,000.

You tell me why I don't move to Staffs - or, more especially, Spain! :-))

Zuid Holland isn't any cheaper than that.

For some reason I thought you lived in Harwich.

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Nah - deepest Surrey. Apparently the most expensive for property in the UK except for central London. :-(

I guess Surreyman was a clue :-)

The bungalow is cheap by Zuid Holland standards. There's a property boom here

prices have reached 2003 level. Some years ago the Dutch government killed the

housing market by making mortgage payments not tax deductible.

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

I can scarcely believe that. It's some time since I looked at house prices (around De Lier & Naaldwijk, for instance) but they were then very cheap re Surrey. But most people (I know, anyway) seem to rent, and the current rental prices also still appear cheap.

Interesting.

My wife reckons that a detached bungalow in the Bollenstreek costs anything

between £500,000 and £1 million. The land they are built on costs a fortune.

Mortgage tax relief disappeared in UK a million years ago!

:-)

I didn't realise until it was stopped, that payments on a mortgage for a boat

were fully tax deductible. It explained why people had such big boats compared

to our boat.

--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Apologies, have been away.
Can't speak for Bollenstreek as a whole, but De Lier is certainly well below that.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:10 AM
alkbra alkbra is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael[_1_] View Post
On 5/10/2014 08:47, Martin wrote:
I've also had very dodgy food in an Italian restaurant run by Pakistanis
or Indians.
Can you tell me the restaurant's name and location; moreover about your favorite dish which you have tasted in this restaurant and why you like that dish? I want to know your views about its dining options and timing of this restaurant. I think you can help me if you visited there.