Half day in Los Angeles

Old October 27th, 2009, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
Stefan Raabe

Default Half day in Los Angeles

Hello,

we have a stopover in Los Angeles and a half day (morning) to explore
Los Angeles. Any recommendations how to spend these few hours? Maybe
some kind of city tour by bus ?!? Which part of the city is the most
interesting one?

Regards, Stefan
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Oct 26, 8:45*pm, Stefan Raabe wrote:
Hello,

we have a stopover in Los Angeles and a half day (morning) to explore
Los Angeles. Any recommendations how to spend these few hours? Maybe
some kind of city tour by bus ?!? Which part of the city is the most
interesting one?

Regards, Stefan

LA is a huge city with lots of interesting places. What is your entry
point? LAX? And what part of the day? You may want to explore the
beach area close to the airport: Venice to Santa Monica.
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
Don Kirkman[_2_]

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Stefan Raabe wrote in article
:

we have a stopover in Los Angeles and a half day (morning) to explore
Los Angeles. Any recommendations how to spend these few hours? Maybe
some kind of city tour by bus ?!? Which part of the city is the most
interesting one?

Others may disagree with me (and they may know better than I do) but
ISTM your business at the airport for arrival and departure (luggage
retrieval, early check in for departure) could easily eat up three or
four hours. At best you might manage one or two very quick visits to
some very nearby attraction. I think you could easily need an hour
just for the round trip into the major tourist areas and back to the
airport.
--
Don Kirkman

Old October 27th, 2009, 07:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
Gadi Ben-Avi[_2_]

I searched for 'LAX layover' and found this
http://www.latourist.com/index.php?p...ities-near-lax

It should give you some ideas

Gadi

Old October 27th, 2009, 03:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
GV

We had a long layover at LAX a few years ago and grabbed a cab to Santa
Monica. Visited the pier area and had a nice lunch up on what I guess was
the main street/shopping area. Nice little side trip and it beat hanging
around the airport for hours.

Gary
Visit Lucy & Gary and do the jigsaw puzzle at
www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

Old October 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:08:33 -0700, Don Kirkman
wrote:

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Stefan Raabe wrote in article
:

we have a stopover in Los Angeles and a half day (morning) to explore
Los Angeles. Any recommendations how to spend these few hours? Maybe
some kind of city tour by bus ?!? Which part of the city is the most
interesting one?

Others may disagree with me (and they may know better than I do) but
ISTM your business at the airport for arrival and departure (luggage
retrieval, early check in for departure) could easily eat up three or
four hours. At best you might manage one or two very quick visits to
some very nearby attraction. I think you could easily need an hour
just for the round trip into the major tourist areas and back to the
airport.

It might be possible to spend an hour or so at Venice Beach.

Old January 14th, 2010, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.travel.usa-canada
Marcin

Uzytkownik "Stefan Raabe" napisal w wiadomosci
Hello,

we have a stopover in Los Angeles and a half day (morning) to explore
Los Angeles. Any recommendations how to spend these few hours? Maybe
some kind of city tour by bus ?!? Which part of the city is the most
interesting one?

Regards, Stefan

In my opinion Hollywood Blvd Rodeo Dr and Sunset Street are the most famous
and important areas to visit.
I'm not sure but Compton could be interesting for people from Europe who are
looking for something special and maybe a little dangerous.
I was only 2 days in LA and want to be back there for longer time because
there are many interesting places to visit and to feel Hollywod atmosphere.

Here is my photoblog from my US travel http://www.fotoblog.gorgolewski.pl/

Martin