Carins to Brisbane

Old March 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Carins to Brisbane

hell Everyone,

Just a quick Question.

I am looking to hire a car from Cairns to Brisbane for my coming
holiday.

I realise that I am travelling in the wrong direction than most and
was wondering if I should book my car hire before I go, or if I could
get a cheaper rate once in cairns, because the cars need to go back up
towards Brisbane and Sydney..

what do you all think?

Ps. and which Car Hire companies do we reccommend.

Thanks and see you in april.

Old March 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Paul Lambert

Hi,

I have just returned from travelling and did the same trip about 5 weeks
ago. I used a company called Nova Car Hire http://www.novacarhire.com to
hire the vehicle online but the car was actually hired from a company called
Red Spot Car Rentals at Cairns Airport.

The Cairms to Brisbane route was just one of the trips we were doing and
because we were hiring cars from a lot of different companies and did not
want to pay the expensive collision damage waver reduction insurance every
time. I took out an annual policy with a company called
www.insurance4carhire.com. The policy covers the excess amount in the event
of a claim. Which is normally around AUD 2,750. This worked out cheaper
then paying the hire company each time to reduce the excess amount.

Hope this helps.
Paul

oups.com...

Old March 15th, 2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:38:20 GMT, "Paul Lambert"
wrote:

Hi,

I have just returned from travelling and did the same trip about 5 weeks
ago. I used a company called Nova Car Hire http://www.novacarhire.com to
hire the vehicle online but the car was actually hired from a company called
Red Spot Car Rentals at Cairns Airport.

The Cairms to Brisbane route was just one of the trips we were doing and
because we were hiring cars from a lot of different companies and did not
want to pay the expensive collision damage waver reduction insurance every
time. I took out an annual policy with a company called
www.insurance4carhire.com. The policy covers the excess amount in the event
of a claim. Which is normally around AUD 2,750. This worked out cheaper
then paying the hire company each time to reduce the excess amount.

Hope this helps.
Paul

Sounds interesting. Has anyone any knowledge of their claims
response and history?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Epidaurus
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Big Kev

Gidday all. (and Alan) (seem to keep tracking you)

A CDW cover for the excess is also available from the RACV in Vic.
It is a seperate policy available in their travel insurance dept, and is not
very expensive. I would use that if I didnt have cover for free through
Visa.

Hope that helps too
--
Have a great day today, and an even better day tomorrow.
Regards,