Is it hard to travel to US ?

Old February 26th, 2008, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Urs Mueller

Default Is it hard to travel to US ?

Am 26.02.2008, 19:18 Uhr, schrieb Mike O'Sullivan :

A light-hearted response obviously, but you do realise that Osama (or
Usama) is one of the most common Moslem names?

Thank's Mike, we found out, that the OP was just spamming his site.
Oh, _I_ do know about names... but that is not preventing from overeager
immigration... Again, I never had problems visiting the US, but do you
know how many names are on a "bad-list".
--
Urs from Berne, Switzerland in the heart of Europe
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
onmywaytoga

On Feb 25, 5:13*pm, iulianh wrote:
Well i have heard that is hard to get into the US just to visit
because of the security etc. I have read some travel tips onhttp://www.onlinetraveltips.infobut i still questioning if it`s hard
or not.

Please help me !

It is such a melting pot here in the U.S. We never find all of the
the same nationality of people all around us. Just be nice,
courteous, and respectful and you should not have any problems.

onmywaytoga, http://www.CabinsPlusMore.com
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:24 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hunt

In article ,
says...

Well i have heard that is hard to get into the US just to visit
because of the security etc. I have read some travel tips on
http://www.onlinetraveltips.info but i still questioning if it`s hard
or not.

Please help me !

Several questions:

Where are you traveling from?
Are you on anyone's Do Not Fly List?
Do you have a current passport from your country of origin?
How long do you plan on staying?

In general terms, it is not difficult to travel to the US. There could be
little glitches, but these depend on many other issues. See questions above.

Without going into the # of folk traveling to the US through Mexico and from
Cuba, I'd say that the US is still easy to travel to. We have thousands of
visitors constantly flowing into and out of the US. Just played golf today
with a lovely couple from Manchester, UK. I asked them if they experienced any
difficulties, and they didn't know what I was talking about. I also come and
go from UK and the Orient, with no problem, but I have a US passport.

Hunt

Old February 29th, 2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hunt

In article , says...

Am 26.02.2008, 19:18 Uhr, schrieb Mike O'Sullivan :

A light-hearted response obviously, but you do realise that Osama (or
Usama) is one of the most common Moslem names?

Thank's Mike, we found out, that the OP was just spamming his site.
Oh, _I_ do know about names... but that is not preventing from overeager
immigration... Again, I never had problems visiting the US, but do you
know how many names are on a "bad-list".
--
Urs from Berne, Switzerland in the heart of Europe

Actually Urs,

Considering some of the recent news stories (if one can believe them) many of
the names on the No Fly List are actually ones that are very common in the US.
Several belong to members of Congress, and they have encountered problems.

I was strip-searched three times, prior to a flight to San Francisco, and the
latter two times, were AFTER I had gone through the security checkpoint. Now,
I am a "frequent flyer" on that airline, was dressed in a business suit, had
flown that same route twice in the previous month, and had paid for my ticket
with an American Express Platinum card, that I had held since 1974. My name is
very common in the US and UK. Several great architects and novelists have had
the same name. On that same flight, there were three "middle-eastern" men,
wearing ankle-length wool coats (it was 102F in Phoenix that day) and all were
clutching shopping bags and looking around "fertively." No one bothered to ask
any of these three any questions. To me (every the zenophobe), all looked like
folk that I see on the video tapes about "death to infidels... " Still, after
I had to disrobe three times, the flight completed fine, with no incident.
One's name may, or may not, call them out of line. And, since "profiling" is
frowned upon, it is more likely that a great-grandmother, named Sally Smith,
is called out, than someone named Osama Bin Whatever.

Just an observation,
Hunt