Southwest Airlines

Old February 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike[_2_]

Default Southwest Airlines

How long in advance of a travel period should one check with Southwest Air
to see if they are running a discounted flight for $99 or $129 air fare? Is
there any pattern day or week and time that they post the low fares on their
site? I am thinking of going to Denver or Salt Lake in February to ski one
of Colorado or Utah's resorts.
Thanks

Old February 28th, 2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Feb 28, 10:59*am, "Mike" wrote:
How long in advance of a travel period should one check with Southwest Air
to see if they are running a discounted flight for $99 or $129 air fare? Is
there any pattern day or week and time that they post the low fares on their
site? I am thinking of going to Denver or Salt Lake in February to ski one
of Colorado or Utah's resorts.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thanks

It's a little late planning for a February trip.
Old February 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Patty Winter[_2_]

In article , Mike wrote:
How long in advance of a travel period should one check with Southwest Air
to see if they are running a discounted flight for $99 or $129 air fare? Is
there any pattern day or week and time that they post the low fares on their
site? I am thinking of going to Denver or Salt Lake in February to ski one
of Colorado or Utah's resorts.

If you mean next February, Southwest doesn't book that far ahead.
(They're currently accepting reservations into August.) If you
meant to type March, then you should be checking now.

If you don't already have it, their DING! application will let you
know instantly about new fare offers for cities of your choice.

http://www.southwest.com/ding/

Patty

Old February 29th, 2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike[_2_]

Peter you have I must say an uncanny grasp of the obvious if I was referring
to 2008. there is one day left in Feb. 2008-tomorrow. The only way the
question made sense was it obviously referred to Feb. 2009.
mike

Old February 29th, 2008, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"Mike" wrote:
Peter you have I must say an uncanny grasp of the obvious
if I was referring to 2008. there is one day left in Feb. 2008
-tomorrow. The only way the question made sense was it
obviously referred to Feb. 2009.

It could also make sense if you meant to say March.
In any event, you can't buy tkts on Southwest more than six
months in advance, and sale prices are usually posted 3-4
months out.