Uber in Naples/Sorrento

Old January 17th, 2017, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

Default Uber in Naples/Sorrento

Anybody had any experience of using Uber in Naples and Sorrento?

My wife needs get herself and her disabled sister from Naples
airport to Sorrento after the last of the regular airport buses
has stopped running. She's thinking of pre-booking a taxi.
Could she pre-book an Uber ride? Would it save much and be as
reliable?

(Some of the railway stations in the area are not sufficiently
accessible for someone with arthritic hips, post-stroke issues
and luggage).

Old January 18th, 2017, 02:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

On 1/16/17 5:22 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
Anybody had any experience of using Uber in Naples and Sorrento?

My wife needs get herself and her disabled sister from Naples
airport to Sorrento after the last of the regular airport buses
has stopped running. She's thinking of pre-booking a taxi.
Could she pre-book an Uber ride? Would it save much and be as
reliable?

(Some of the railway stations in the area are not sufficiently
accessible for someone with arthritic hips, post-stroke issues
and luggage).

I don't believe you can prebook Uber.

You can try resorthoppa.com.

I used them a few years ago for Naples to Amalfi, cost like 60 Pounds at
the time. It was suppose to be a shared van but I was the only
passenger in that van.
Old January 21st, 2017, 09:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Jack Campin
says...
(Some of the railway stations in the area are not sufficiently
accessible for someone with arthritic hips, post-stroke issues
and luggage).

Maybe I wouldn't travel to a place like Naples if I had arthritic hips
and post-stroke issues.
--
Alfred Molon
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

(Some of the railway stations in the area are not sufficiently
accessible for someone with arthritic hips, post-stroke issues
and luggage).

Maybe I wouldn't travel to a place like Naples if I had arthritic hips
and post-stroke issues.

Not much choice as it's for her daughter's wedding; fiance is Italian-
Scottish. (The daughter has MS herself, but so far it only affects her
balance and she gets around fine with a couple of crutches).

She (the mother, i.e. my wife's sister) might be persuaded to use a
mobility scooter if you could hire one for local use in Sorrento.
I can't see her wanting to go much further, but you never know - she
gets unpredictable bursts of enthusiasm about travel and has done
Christian-oriented trips to Palestine and Ghana in the not too distant
past.