travel advice

Old March 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default travel advice

well...my fiance and myself are going on our honeymoon in about a year,
and i need some place really cool to go visit over seas we both wanted
to go place like greece or something, italy, some seaside resort to
hang out at, or a cruise to go see places, any advice would be really
appreciated. thanks alot

Old March 28th, 2006, 12:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

i need some place really cool to go visit over seas ...

"Celebrities like to come here because they're left alone. Bill Gates sails
in on his yacht and no one pays any attention. No one cares. There are no
paparazzi, no fans, no autographs. I was in a cafe with my daughter and a
lady sat down at the next table. My daughter said, 'Dad, that's the lady
from "Shakespeare in Love." "Gwyneth Paltrow is among the many red-carpet
faces seen blending in with the crowds in recent summers. "It gets to be
like 42nd Street around here in July and August," Mr. Barisic said the next
afternoon as he sipped a whiskey-laced coffee in one of Hvar's outdoor
cafes. "No one sleeps during the season. Everyone is jumping around, singing
and roaming the streets until dawn." http://tinyurl.com/jx2tz

Old March 28th, 2006, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On 27 Mar 2006 14:33:10 -0800, "
wrote:

well...my fiance and myself are going on our honeymoon in about a year,
and i need some place really cool to go visit over seas we both wanted
to go place like greece or something, italy, some seaside resort to
hang out at, or a cruise to go see places, any advice would be really
appreciated. thanks alot

Where are you?

I live in paradise - but I travel to see places that are
different or interesting. So my place may be boring or
brilliant to you.

Define "cool". Antarctica? Nimbin (like, way out man, you
mean the seventies are over? Coool!) or NYC?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:14:57 +1100, Alan S wrote:

Define "cool". Antarctica? Nimbin (like, way out man, you
mean the seventies are over?

I still have my "Ninbin University" t-shirt. It's definitely an "in
joke".
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

La Côte d'Azur in the south of France can't be beat, great food,
weather. The Ligurian coast in Italy is right next door. There is
plenty to see and do.

Old March 28th, 2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:46:10 +0100, Dubiously Fragrant
Muffin wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:14:57 +1100, Alan S wrote:

Define "cool". Antarctica? Nimbin (like, way out man, you
mean the seventies are over?

I still have my "Ninbin University" t-shirt. It's definitely an "in
joke".
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---

Interesting town. On arrival one very quickly starts to
think the local industry is parsley growing. So many people
selling little plastic bags of chopped parsley...

Were you there when the famous Cannabus went on it's
ill-fated journey?
http://www.nrg.com.au/~hemp/bigjoint/bigjoint.htm
of course, with all the breakdowns it arrived after the
drugs summit was over:-)

I'm about 80km from Nimbin.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old March 28th, 2006, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

well I am from southern california, bout half hour from the desert and
an hour from the beach. 30 million people in about 150 square miles.
and actually thats almost exactly what i was thinking something along
hte mediteranean. i would like a good resort kinda place that has
plenty of activities but you can also chill out at the same time. and
also by the way i drive a volkswagen bus for those who are wondering

Old March 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

one of the classics, also im about 6ft5, 170lbs, and an afro. ill have
to check some of those places out. but on another note im looking at
moving out of the rat race in a couple years.