The future of green hotel

Old September 19th, 2007, 02:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default The future of green hotel

Dear newsgroup members of rec.usa-canada,

I am conducting a research project to better understand customers'
perception toward environmentally friendly hotels. This study will
help us know the effectiveness of environmentally friendly programs
in hotels.

Your response is vital to the success of this research as well as to
the improvement of environment programs. Please take about 15
minutes to complete this survey. Your participation is greatly
appreciated.

Your participation is strictly voluntary. There are no known risks
associated with this project which are greater than those ordinarily
encountered in daily life. There is no penalty for refusing to
participate and you are free to withdraw from the survey at any time
without penalty. Your response will remain anonymous and
confidential.

If you agree to participate in this survey, please click on the link
below
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...eG6G3KRg_3d_3d
to move to the survey. By clicking on the link, you agree to
consent to participate in this survey. For information on subjects'
rights, please contact to Dr. Sue Jacobs, IRB Chair, 219 Cordell
North, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, (Phone) 405-
744-1676.

Thank you for your valuable time and cooperation.

Please click on the link below to get started

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...eG6G3KRg_3d_3d

Sincerely,

Yongjoong Kim

210 HESW
School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078Phone: (405) 744-6713E-mail:
yongjoong.kim@ okstate.edu

Old September 19th, 2007, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:49:31 -0000 "
wrote:

:I am conducting a research project to better understand customers'
:perception toward environmentally friendly hotels. This study will
:help us know the effectiveness of environmentally friendly programs
:in hotels.

My opinion regarding hotels who require special notification to change
linens/towels during a multi-day stay because they are "concerned about the
environment" is that they are serving up a load of bullsh*t.

They want to reduce their costs.

Give me a discount and I will consider it.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old September 20th, 2007, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
me[_5_]

wrote:

:I am conducting a research project to better understand customers'
:perception toward environmentally friendly hotels. This study will
:help us know the effectiveness of environmentally friendly programs
:in hotels.

My opinion regarding hotels who require special notification to change
linens/towels during a multi-day stay because they are "concerned about the
environment" is that they are serving up a load of bullsh*t.

They want to reduce their costs.

Give me a discount and I will consider it.

I understand your frustration. There's a definite feeliing that
they
are blowing a tremendous amount of smoke. This is one of those
"win win" situations in which it actually is "environmentally
friendly"
for them to not needlessly was linens and towels. They aren't
lying about that part. Of course their interest in being
environmentally
friendly is that it will save them a boat load of money.