Thailand: Ko Samui, Krabi, Phuket

Old September 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
jygoo

Default Thailand: Ko Samui, Krabi, Phuket

Hello,

We are going to Thailand in the last week of October to early Nov. We
would like to spend about 4 days of vacation in the beach area. We
couldn't decide where to go exactly, but we were thinking of Ko Samui
and Krabi/Phuket.

1) Is it not possible to visit Ko Samui and either Krabi or Phuket in
4 days? Would we be wasting too much time on the road?
2) Are there other areas we should consider? Don't want to go to
total party town. We would like a good mix of night life and
activities such as snorkeling, hiking, etc.
3) Any mid-range hotel recommendation?

Thanks in advance!
--JGoo

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:22 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Jan[_1_]

jygoo wrote:
Hello,

We are going to Thailand in the last week of October to early Nov. We
would like to spend about 4 days of vacation in the beach area. We
couldn't decide where to go exactly, but we were thinking of Ko Samui
and Krabi/Phuket.

1) Is it not possible to visit Ko Samui and either Krabi or Phuket in
4 days? Would we be wasting too much time on the road?
2) Are there other areas we should consider? Don't want to go to
total party town. We would like a good mix of night life and
activities such as snorkeling, hiking, etc.
3) Any mid-range hotel recommendation?

Thanks in advance!
--JGoo

You can fly from Bangkok to Krabi then get a taxi to AoNang beach. Plenty
of accomodation, as a rule of thumb- the closer to the beach the more
expensive.

Jan

Old September 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_5_]

In article .com,
jygoo says...

1) Is it not possible to visit Ko Samui and either Krabi or Phuket in
4 days? Would we be wasting too much time on the road?

Possible, but it would be a waste of time. You'd lose a whole day
travelling, so at the very least you should fly. bangkokair.com has
direct flights between Samui and Phuket for 2000 Baht.

2) Are there other areas we should consider? Don't want to go to
total party town. We would like a good mix of night life and
activities such as snorkeling, hiking, etc.

Rai Leh beach near Krabi is very nice and ideal for a few days.
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Thailand/Krabi/

but accomodation is not cheap there. Expect to pay 2000+ Baht for a nice
bungalow with A/C. Alternatively you might stay in Krabi town and take
the boat every day to Rai Leh beach.
--

Alfred Molon