Summit Photo Gallery

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Default Summit Photo Gallery

ty for all the details, buddy, this is a keeper post for future
SoCarib cruises!

Diana

Old April 21st, 2009, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jeff wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

Jeff wrote:
Had a GREAT cruise! One of the best. Mostly due to the ports! 4
new islands to me -- Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba.

The highlights of the cruise were the ship itself (which actually, I
like better than the Solstice class, although, give me the Solstice's
gym, martini bar and buffet), exploring the unspoiled nature of
Dominica, and learning how to scuba dive in Bonaire, one of the great
dive sites of the world. Had a fun table at dinner and met lots of
folks on my 6 (count em!) shore excursions! The pictures are mostly
of the ports.... Not gonna write a full review, but if you're
curious about any of the shore excursions let me know.

http://gallery.mac.com/jeffcoud#1001...r=black&sel=13

Wonderful pictures Jeff!! I loved all the underwater pictures, but
the ones of Dominica make me want to go there one of these days.

What is it that makes you like the Summit better then the Solstice? I
agree that the buffet and Martini Bar on the Solstice are fantastic.

sue

It just has that classic Celebrity layout...the dining room is aft with
big windows, as it should be, lol. There are more things surrounding
the atrium area which "work", I did not like that aft area on Solstice
where all the for pay restaurants are -- a huge dead zone in my book,
and the best views on the ship -- if you paid for it! Didn't like the
grass either, they definitely need that area for more deck chairs I
thought! That being said, the Solstice was otherwise gorgeous though!

I liked that the Solstice had all the pay restaurants together. The only
thing I didn't like about that was having to walk through a very busy
bar area to get to the rest rooms.

The grass is a waste and I would love to see some hot tubs up there with
plenty of lounge chairs.

sue
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Sue Mullen wrote:

Jeff wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

Jeff wrote:
[...]

I think they should have put the main restaurant in the back where it
belongs, lol... being on the Summit last week reminded me of that. On
the solstice I did like all that "rattan" furniture they had up top
forward and they should turn the "lawn" area into that....very nice,
almost "luxurious" seating and lounging chairs and that would have
worked for me!

Jeff -- got very very tan in 7 days on the Summit!

Old April 26th, 2009, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

D Ball wrote:
ty for all the details, buddy, this is a keeper post for future
SoCarib cruises!

Diana

Was a good trip!

Jeff

Old April 26th, 2009, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peachie1

"Jeff" wrote in message
D Ball wrote:
ty for all the details, buddy, this is a keeper post for future
SoCarib cruises!

Diana

Was a good trip!

Jeff

Have to tell you Jeff, those were some cool pictures. Loved Sint Maartin
when we were there...Dominica may be next for us

Peaches in Rowlett Tx

Old April 26th, 2009, 05:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Peachie1 wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
D Ball wrote:
ty for all the details, buddy, this is a keeper post for future
SoCarib cruises!

Diana

Was a good trip!

Jeff

Have to tell you Jeff, those were some cool pictures. Loved Sint Maartin
when we were there...Dominica may be next for us

Peaches in Rowlett Tx

Dominica is very beautiful. Still a very wild unspoiled place.

Jeff
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RickCanada[_2_]

Loved the photos. We took a similar cruise on the summit but your
underwater photos were much clear than mine. Did you have a special
camera? Here are my pictures:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570844127JiVndx

Old May 15th, 2009, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

RickCanada wrote:
Loved the photos. We took a similar cruise on the summit but your
underwater photos were much clear than mine. Did you have a special
camera? Here are my pictures:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570844127JiVndx

Let's see, what I bought is called an Olympus Stylus Tough-8000. Rated
to 10 meters below water, but I took a bit further than that and seemed ok.

Jeff