Cruise Critic Names Top Spring Break Destinations

Old February 14th, 2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker

Default Cruise Critic Names Top Spring Break Destinations

To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker, SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at (800) 724-6644 & (pogo ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

What's hot for spring break cruising?

According to Cruise Critic, the leading source for consumer cruise
information, the Mexican Riviera, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Hawaii and the
Caribbean are on fire as late-winter and early-spring getaways. Spring break
is up and coming as a prime time to cruise. This year, bargains for late
February through April abound. Earlier this year, Costa was offering kids 17
and younger a free ride with two paying parents on select Bermuda and
Western Caribbean voyages. Lines still offering deals include Carnival, NCL
and Celebrity with seven-night Caribbean cruises starting from $369. And
yes, there's still time to plan a spring-break cruise! Spring Break 101, a
brand-new planning guide, is the cruise vacationer's one-stop shop for tips
and cruise bargains -- all targeted specifically to those who simply need to
escape from the cold, educators with a much-needed week off, fun-loving
families and college coeds. Stay tuned for fresh coverage throughout the
month of February: *Week 1: The Mexican Riviera -- Explore sea-kissed
communities fronting the Pacific. *Week 2: Bermuda & Bahamas -- Enjoy
colonial charm ... and non-stop beach bumming. *Week 3: Hawaii -- Go surfing
or hike a volcano: fun for kids of all ages! *Week 4: The Caribbean -- All
the rage for a reason: sunny days and water sports galore.

eTN (TravelIndustryNews)

Old February 14th, 2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

JOHN SISKER:
Yes the cruise lines are offering some good deals on cruises,but the
airlines are really giving you the shaft with their prices,for a flight
from philly to ft lauderdale at almost $800.00 for 2 it is not feasible
to take a cruise ,you are paying more for air than the cruise. We have
NEVER paid even 1/2 that for our flights,and southwest is no cheaper.
And they herd you on their planes like animals.
surfer e2468

cruise lover

Old February 15th, 2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Surfer E2468 wrote:

Yes the cruise lines are offering some good deals on cruises,but the
airlines are really giving you the shaft with their prices,for a flight
from philly to ft lauderdale at almost $800.00 for 2 it is not feasible
to take a cruise ,you are paying more for air than the cruise.

Annie, you can do much better then $400/person from Philly to Fort
lauderdale. I don't know when you are looking for, but check out
AirTran, their prices are very good. We used them in jan. and were very
happy with their service, comfort of seats and a fantastic captain of
the plane.

sue
Old February 15th, 2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

SUE: we were looking at fares from mid-march to the end of march,tried
u.s air,delta,and southwest,and they all were high.will try airtran.
thanks
surfer e2468

cruise lover

Old February 15th, 2007, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill C

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Surfer E2468 wrote:

Yes the cruise lines are offering some good deals on cruises,but the
airlines are really giving you the shaft with their prices,for a flight
from philly to ft lauderdale at almost $800.00 for 2 it is not feasible
to take a cruise ,you are paying more for air than the cruise.

Annie, you can do much better then $400/person from Philly to Fort
lauderdale. I don't know when you are looking for, but check out
AirTran, their prices are very good. We used them in jan. and were very
happy with their service, comfort of seats and a fantastic captain of
the plane.

sue

I just bought 4 R/T tix on Southwest from PHL to FLL last week for June
at $158.00pp

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mike[_1_]

Surfer E2468 wrote:
JOHN SISKER:
Yes the cruise lines are offering some good deals on cruises,but the
airlines are really giving you the shaft with their prices,for a flight
from philly to ft lauderdale at almost $800.00 for 2 it is not feasible
to take a cruise ,you are paying more for air than the cruise. We have
NEVER paid even 1/2 that for our flights,and southwest is no cheaper.
And they herd you on their planes like animals.
surfer e2468

cruise lover

You think you got problems? We live in NB Canada - flight for 2 return
to Miami this time of year is $1500. We drove to New York for our last
cruise in October (14 hr drive), used airmiles for a cruise last March
and have one booked for next year where I'm driving to Boston (8hrs) in
late Feb. Air for the 3 of us next year out of NB is over $2100 but my
estimate for air out of Boston for 3 is about $900. That may seem like a
lot to some but to me its a bloody steal!
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Try getting that price on southwest for feb.& march,no way,in june it is
off season for florida,and i like to stay around my nice home in the
summer. Like to cruise in the late fall or winter. Ater hearing about
jet blue today,am also re thinking travel

cruise lover