Cave Tubing Question

Old December 21st, 2003, 01:19 PM
Howard Garland

Default Cave Tubing Question

Having decided to do some cave tubing in Belize (with Reggie, I hope), I
have only one question:

What do you do with your stuff (money, ID, clothes, etc.) while you are
tubing?

Howie

Old December 21st, 2003, 01:19 PM
JLeary256

You can leave it in the van- key is not to bring much of value anyway. But I
used my fanny pack- tightened up and put it around my neck. Even held my
nonwaterproof camera (wanted a flash), placed in a baggie. Worked perfectly.
Clothes - I left in the van- nothing else though.

Old December 21st, 2003, 07:54 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:19:04 -0500, Howard Garland
wrote:

What do you do with your stuff (money, ID, clothes, etc.) while you are
tubing?

Before tubing, hock them for Internet access and Google up RTC, post
another mindless, rambling, ineffective and worthless rant about how
****ed off you are that you and yours can't control this thin slice of
Usenet?

I dunno. A thought.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:40 PM
Matt

I did this excursion last week, on the 18th. At the Jaguar Paw Jungle
"Resort" they provide locked 'cages' for your stuff. Not sure who
holds the keys while you're tubing though. I kept my cruise card and
cash in a wallet around my neck for safekeeping. It got a little wet
but no harm done. Fun excursion, it does require a fair amount of
paddling depending on the strength of the river current.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:57 PM
Mike Davis

Howie,

Were you in "Speedy" Gonzales' group along with the wild Cajun's?

Mike D.
om...