Hats + Sydney

Old June 30th, 2004, 10:34 AM
simon

Default Hats + Sydney

Hello.

I'm visiting Sydney in August and I'm determined to get a Barmah or
Akubra hat. Can anyone suggest a decent outlet?

Cheers,
--
Simon.
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Daniel Bowen

"simon" wrote in message
news
I'm visiting Sydney in August and I'm determined to get a Barmah or
Akubra hat. Can anyone suggest a decent outlet?

I'd have thought Gowings would have that kind of thing.

http://www.gowings.com.au/

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
Email: dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old June 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM
simon

In message , Daniel Bowen
writes
"simon" wrote in message
news
I'm visiting Sydney in August and I'm determined to get a Barmah or
Akubra hat. Can anyone suggest a decent outlet?

I'd have thought Gowings would have that kind of thing.

http://www.gowings.com.au/

Daniel

I've checked - and they do.
Thanks Daniel,
--
Simon.
Old June 30th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Cyril & Sandy Alberga

simon wrote:
Hello.

I'm visiting Sydney in August and I'm determined to get a Barmah or
Akubra hat. Can anyone suggest a decent outlet?

Cheers,

Four years ago we got very nice Akubra hats, at a reasonable price at
the Strand Hatters. They are at Shop 8/ 412 George St in Sydney, which
is a arcade off George Steet between King and Market.

Cyril
Old June 30th, 2004, 02:10 PM
simon

In message , Cyril & Sandy
Alberga writes
simon wrote:
Hello.
I'm visiting Sydney in August and I'm determined to get a Barmah or
Akubra hat. Can anyone suggest a decent outlet?
Cheers,

Four years ago we got very nice Akubra hats, at a reasonable price at
the Strand Hatters. They are at Shop 8/ 412 George St in Sydney, which
is a arcade off George Steet between King and Market.

Cyril

Thanks Cyril. They do have a website http://www.strandhatters.com.au
according to Google but it didn't work for me.

--
Simon
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM
AlmostBob

http://www.strandarcade.com.au/Direc...ler.asp?ID=237 another entry
point this one was working at 1600GMT

Old June 30th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Daniel Bowen" wrote:

"simon" wrote in message
news
I'm visiting Sydney in August and I'm determined to get a Barmah or
Akubra hat. Can anyone suggest a decent outlet?

I'd have thought Gowings would have that kind of thing.

http://www.gowings.com.au/

i've ought at least 3 from there
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cyril & Sandy Alberga

AlmostBob wrote:
http://www.strandarcade.com.au/Direc...ler.asp?ID=237 another entry
point this one was working at 1600GMT

Good show! But someone should volunteer to proof-read thier text.
"Australia's beat souvenirs"?

I recall that the prices were competative with Gowings, and the service
was very good. Just hats, and the owner knows them.

Cyril
Old July 1st, 2004, 11:52 AM
Raffi Balmanoukian

in article , Not the Karl
Orff at
wrote on 6/30/04 2:51 PM:

In article ,
"Daniel Bowen" wrote:

"simon" wrote in message
news
I'm visiting Sydney in August and I'm determined to get a Barmah or
Akubra hat. Can anyone suggest a decent outlet?

I'd have thought Gowings would have that kind of thing.

http://www.gowings.com.au/

i've ought at least 3 from there

Personally, I'd recommend against the iconic Akubra. They can be a real
mess if crushed before properly broken in (think: airline overhead racks,
etc.) I personally wear the leather crushable versions, which have the
added advantage of getting beaten up more quickly so one can actually wear
them in Australia.

Old July 11th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Jim

Cyril & Sandy Alberga wrote:

AlmostBob wrote:

http://www.strandarcade.com.au/Direc...ler.asp?ID=237 another
entry
point this one was working at 1600GMT

Good show! But someone should volunteer to proof-read thier text.
"Australia's beat souvenirs"?

I recall that the prices were competative with Gowings, and the service
was very good. Just hats, and the owner knows them.

Cyril

proof-read *their* text....