March or April?

Old January 27th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Grey Wolf

Default March or April?

Hi all,
In 2004 we went on our first cruise ever, had a blast and are going to
do it again in 2006. (Yeah, I know, that's a longgggg time apart.
But it's what we can afford.) We went to the Western Caribbean in the
first week of April and had perfect weather. Next year, we are
leaning towards late April (to try and bypass the Easter holiday,
which we don't want to get stuck in again), or perhaps late March if I
can get permission to leave during a busy time at work.

My question is: what's the weather like towards the end of April? Is
it nice? Or does it usually rain? This will help me if I need to
prepare myself for some sweet-talking to the bosses at work, or if I
should relax and enjoy the date we've settled on.

By the way, we do know we're going on another Western Caribbean
itinerary, aboard RCCL Explorer of the Seas. This time I'll be taking
Karen (my gf) and my Mom, who's never been cruising before. We can't
wait!

Thanks in advance!

~David
Old January 27th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Tom & Linda

"Grey Wolf" wrote in message
Hi all,
In 2004 we went on our first cruise ever, had a blast and are going to
do it again in 2006. (Yeah, I know, that's a longgggg time apart.
But it's what we can afford.) We went to the Western Caribbean in the
first week of April and had perfect weather. Next year, we are
leaning towards late April (to try and bypass the Easter holiday,
which we don't want to get stuck in again), or perhaps late March if I
can get permission to leave during a busy time at work.

My question is: what's the weather like towards the end of April? Is
it nice? Or does it usually rain?

The rainy season in the Caribbean is more August, September, October and
November. Which if you think about it... is rather obvious. It's hurricane
season.

It will rain other times of the year, but rain in the Caribbean is generally
more a 1 hour shower in the late afternoon... rather than all day rain like
we get in the northern regions of the US.

--Tom

Old January 27th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Grey Wolf

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:55:51 -0500, "Tom & Linda"
wrote:

My question is: what's the weather like towards the end of April? Is
it nice? Or does it usually rain?

The rainy season in the Caribbean is more August, September, October and
November. Which if you think about it... is rather obvious. It's hurricane
season.

It will rain other times of the year, but rain in the Caribbean is generally
more a 1 hour shower in the late afternoon... rather than all day rain like
we get in the northern regions of the US.

--Tom

Thanks Tom. Since my Mom is going on this trip, I was trying to make
it the most pleasant as possible for her... Mother Nature willing, of
course. Sounds like I'll go with the choice that is best for my work
schedule (end of April).

Wow... that's just 15 months away. I'm sure it will be here in no
time.

David, excited to go on our second cruise

~David
Old January 27th, 2005, 02:40 PM
DH

"Grey Wolf" wrote in message
[...]

We went to Cancun about 14 years ago in mid-May and it showered every day at
2:15 pm for 15 minutes. You couldn't set your clock by it but it seemed
amazingly regular at the time. Nearby places are probably similar. This
did not hurt our vacation at all.

The World Book Encyclopedia has a little climate/rainfall chart in every
country report and gives you enough information to figure out each
country's "dry" and "rainy" seasons. Check up on the countries you plan to
visit - there'll be a World Book available at your local library.

I'd go during Winter, if possible. Do check the weather but there's nothing
like coming back North with a tan to people that have been miserable for a
week while you were in the Caribbean. By April, you'd be missing nice
weather at home in much of the US. Just my $.02. Downside to March is that
spring break demand drives up the cost of the cruises.

Old January 27th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Juliana L Holm

Grey Wolf wrote:
which we don't want to get stuck in again), or perhaps late March if I
can get permission to leave during a busy time at work.

Easter this year is in late March (March 27) so you rpobably don't want
to do that.

--
Julie
**********

http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Grey Wolf

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:12:53 +0000 (UTC), Juliana L Holm
wrote:

Grey Wolf wrote:
which we don't want to get stuck in again), or perhaps late March if I
can get permission to leave during a busy time at work.

Easter this year is in late March (March 27) so you rpobably don't want
to do that.

Thanks Julie... alas we are planning in 2006. I've already done a
couple of double-takes about our dates we're picking before realizing
I was looking at the wrong calendar. :-)

~David