Nice Relaxing Resort in VA

Old February 21st, 2006, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Nice Relaxing Resort in VA

Hi ... does anyone have any recs for a nice resort/ hotel in VA? No
traffic, nice scenery, medium-paced activities. I would love to do
Homestead or Wintergreen but I am traveling with a child under two so I
would not really be able to enjoy the spa, etc. Also the upscale crowd
at those places might be annoyed with a vociferous child in the public
areas. Ideally I would like to sightsee but I can't really fight
crowds and traffic with the baby. Basically I have 4 nights this
winter to go somewhere in VA that is very nice but not crowded and is
not all about activities (like Williamsburg/ Jamestown). VA beach is
probably not too great in winter, right? I am not from VA so I have no
idea what to do. Any ideas, just throw them out, thanks

Crispee

Old February 21st, 2006, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Crispee wrote:
Hi ... does anyone have any recs for a nice resort/ hotel in VA? No
traffic, nice scenery, medium-paced activities. I would love to do
Homestead or Wintergreen but I am traveling with a child under two so I
would not really be able to enjoy the spa, etc. Also the upscale crowd
at those places might be annoyed with a vociferous child in the public
areas. Ideally I would like to sightsee but I can't really fight
crowds and traffic with the baby. Basically I have 4 nights this
winter to go somewhere in VA that is very nice but not crowded and is
not all about activities (like Williamsburg/ Jamestown). VA beach is
probably not too great in winter, right? I am not from VA so I have no
idea what to do. Any ideas, just throw them out, thanks

Check out the area around Massanutten Mountain. It is primarily a timeshare
resort, but there are lots of rentals available there (some are townhomes or
apartments - so you have lots of living room and kitchen facilities - great
with a kid. Lots of kids activities, a moderate variety of resort activities,
and near the Shenandoah National Park.

Julie

--
Julie
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Actually, Virginia Beach can be quite nice in winter. I've seen 70+
degree days in February and March (I used to live there). My wife and I
usually do a trip to Va. Beach in the winter, because the weather is
nice and the oceanfront hotel rates are cheap. But, it's the kind of
thing where you want to check the weather forecast before you go.

Of course, it could snow, too :-(