SAS and debit cards

Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:33 PM
Mikko Peltoniemi

Default SAS and debit cards

In the spring there was a thread here about paying tickets with debit
cards. It seemed that SAS had turned the card down, and said they didn't
accept depit cards, only credit cards.

Well, I was in the same kind of situation; I did have the money on
my debit card, I didn't even have a credit card with a big enough credit
limit.

Looks like even the people on the phone give conflicting information.

The first person told me that in general they do not accept debit cards,
but she also said that the only way they would know is if you tell them.

The second person said that debit cards are taken just as credit cards
are, but the trouble is that a lot of people have a purchase limit on
the card, which is less than the tickets.

I was buying two tickets, so it definitely went over the debit card
purchase limit. And according to one person I could split it up on
two cards, paying however much on one and the rest on one.

Another person said, that the only way to split it is to pay one
full ticket with one card and one full ticket with another, and
this would require two bookings.

In the end, I was able to do it, without any problems; I paid one
ticket with one debit card and one with another debit card. And only
one booking.

Good thing I only had one booking, since three days later they called
me up and told me that the particular flight from Stockholm to Turku,
and one from Turku to Stockholm, had both been cancelled by Blue1.
Typical.

Had there been two bookings, they would've called my wife too, and
she probably wouldn't have known what is the best alternative...

Oh well, Copenhagen it is then.

Oh yeah, and SAS uses those two-prong headphones, right? Do they
charge for the use of their own?

--
Mikko Peltoniemi
Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:57 PM
Mikko Peltoniemi

Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:

Oh yeah, and SAS uses those two-prong headphones, right? Do they
charge for the use of their own?

On A340 between Newark and Copenhagen, of course, not between
Copenhagen and Turku.