Ryanair to offer IFE

Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:38 PM
Roland Perry

Default Ryanair to offer IFE

In message , at 12:52:43 on Thu, 23 Sep
2004, Miss L. Toe remarked:
a special introductory offer price of £5

I wonder what the regular price will be?
--
Roland Perry
Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:54 PM
Malcolm Loades

In message , Miss L. Toe
writes
RYANAIR LAUNCHES INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
The Revolution in Customer Service Continues
The Ryanair inflight video system will
offer
Ryanair customers the latest Hollywood movies, up to date chart videos,
cartoons, comedy classics, sitcoms and audio cd's at a special introductory
offer price of £5 or ¤7 per flight.

Fair enough.

I expect some will add that cost to the price of the coffee and sandwich
they have and then moan about it. Forgetting that the ticket in their
pocket (less taxes) may have cost them less than the extras they've
freely chosen to buy :-(

Malcolm
Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
B Vaughan

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:54:40 +0100, Malcolm Loades
wrote:

In message , Miss L. Toe
writes
RYANAIR LAUNCHES INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
The Revolution in Customer Service Continues
The Ryanair inflight video system will
offer
Ryanair customers the latest Hollywood movies, up to date chart videos,
cartoons, comedy classics, sitcoms and audio cd's at a special introductory
offer price of £5 or ¤7 per flight.

Fair enough.

I expect some will add that cost to the price of the coffee and sandwich
they have and then moan about it. Forgetting that the ticket in their
pocket (less taxes) may have cost them less than the extras they've
freely chosen to buy :-(

For Ryanair, the flight itself is a loss leader to get you into the
store.

I'm not complaining, I'll fly and eat my sandwich from home and do a
crossword puzzle for entertainment.
-----------
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it

Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:20 PM
nobody

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 12:52:43 on Thu, 23 Sep
2004, Miss L. Toe remarked:
a special introductory offer price of £5

I wonder what the regular price will be?

They are buying 6000 units, and expect to make 14 million euros in te first
year. They need to have 3% pax pay for the service for it to break even. Each
plane will have 24 units to be rented out. Ryannair expect this to be quite profitable.

The piece at http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/09/1095766620.html does not
mention "special introductory", and quotes the £5 or EUR 7 as the price.

Old September 24th, 2004, 12:14 AM
MartinWY

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:38:34 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:52:43 on Thu, 23 Sep
2004, Miss L. Toe remarked:
a special introductory offer price of £5

I wonder what the regular price will be?

Do people have *iregular* prices?

Old September 24th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Roland Perry

In message , at 16:20:51 on Thu, 23 Sep
2004, nobody remarked:
Each plane will have 24 units to be rented out.

Ah, so it will be a hand-held DVD player? That's quite a different thing
to a seatback entertainment system, and will indeed make money much
faster.
--
Roland Perry