How to bring a suit with me overseas?

Old July 30th, 2005, 12:03 AM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
A Human Being writes:

Do you know this, or are you speculating or what?

This is a distillation of what I recall of Islamic belief (as
interpreted by Arab Muslims, mainly).

Translation: he's making it up. Bull****ting.

Old August 1st, 2005, 09:29 AM
A Human Being

No Spam wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
A Human Being writes:

Do you know this, or are you speculating or what?

This is a distillation of what I recall of Islamic belief (as
interpreted by Arab Muslims, mainly).

Translation: he's making it up. Bull****ting.

So what is/are the real reason(s)?

Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
Icono Clast

Icono Clast said:
You cannot possibly imagine the proportion of people who
think they're good dancers who have no clue of the basics of
dancing [...]

We find them laughable;

Someone else, perhaps jeremyrh, wrote:
Heaven forbid that people should enjoy themselves in a
non-approved fashion!

a écrit:
We dancers don't approve of getting hit by flailing fists or
flying feet as happens all too frequently when non-dancers are
on the floor.

[...]

It's better to respond to what people say rather than to what
you think might have been said.

wrote:
I thought you said that you find non-dancers [sic] "laughable",
not "dangerous"?

They're both. Some very good dancers are also dangerous. There're
some extremely dangerous guys near whom I will not dance, one in the
District of Columbia, another in Los Angeles, one here, and a great
many others who aren't quite as dangerous. The one in Los Angeles
seems to have the attitude that "It's my floor; get out of my way!" I
love watching him when I'm not dancing 'cause he's so good, original,
and creative. The others are just oblivious paying no attention
whatsoever to what's going on around them.

On a crowded Swing floor, I'm tying to avoid injury to fourteen
people while trying to dance, Lead my partner, choreograph to the
music, and pay attention to my partner. Most other Leaders are doing
the same. It's the few who are not I try to avoid.

We dance in a slot approximately two extended arms long and a body
and a half wide (approximately two metres by 60cm). Around me and my
partner can be two couples at the Right, two couples at the Left, and
one at each end of our slot.

Looks something like this;
[-- --] (-- --) [-- --] (That's us in parentheses.)

Perhaps it's better to write what you mean.

One doth try.
A San Franciscan who never says "No!" to an invitation to dance!
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net