[OT] Best and Worst American Cities according to Europeans

Old January 9th, 2007, 03:53 PM posted to houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.french

Default [OT] Best and Worst American Cities according to Europeans

In rec.sport.football.college Jefferson N. Glapski wrote:

It is not a democratic country, like Germany and Italy that voted in
Mussolini and Hitler. It is a republic.

No, it is both. It is a representative democratic republic.

--
Aaron
Old January 9th, 2007, 04:11 PM posted to houston.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Buster

"striker" wrote in message
LOL, what a redneck. He likes Jacksonville, I said Jacksonville, GA and
not Miami an international fashion and style mecca.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Bwahahaha!
You're a ****in joke, greaseball.

You spend your life talking about Miami while posting from a San Mateo
trailer park.

No matter what you say, No one believes you. And not *one* single person
has backed up anything you say. (Except your sock puppets)

You're a ****ing LOSER.

Old January 10th, 2007, 12:10 AM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Christian

In article ,
says...
Dave Christian wrote:
In article ,
says...
Dave Christian wrote:
In article _x9oh.127677$hn.120948@edtnps82,
says...
The whole cuteness of Europeans adopting Hegelian dialectics, where
contradictions are acceptable and fascism is enjoyed by that continent.
I find it interesting that Europeans think that there is such a thing
as a "typical" American city.

There's not such thing as a typical American, period. We're too
diverse.

My wife and I have travelled extensively, but we've never been to
Europe. We were discussing this the other day and decided that we
have no interest in going there. I'll go back to New Zealand,
Australia, South America, ... but I doubt that I will ever set a
foot in any country in Europe. No great loss.
You are being as silly as you claim the europeans are.

I have never claimed Europeans are silly. Where did you get that?

My mistake. You are being as interesting as you claim the europeans are.

I never claimed that European were interesting or uninteresting, just
that we had no interest in them.

Reading. For. Comprehension. Live it.
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:34 AM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Randolph M. Jones

Dave Christian wrote:
In article ,
says...
Dave Christian wrote:
In article ,
says...
Dave Christian wrote:
[...]

So you don't find it interesting when Europeans think that there is such
a thing as a "typical" American city?
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:56 AM posted to houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Frank Clarke

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:11:14 -0800, "striker" wrote:

My point indeed: Americans are the most IGNORANT people on the planet

Americans who have not been to Paris...

A single visit there can make even the most ignorant American brighten up.

"I'm not a rocket scientist but I did rent an apartment in Paris once." ;-)

(change Arabic number to Roman numeral to email)
Old January 10th, 2007, 05:57 AM posted to free.it.viaggi.usa,it.sport.calcio.estero,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
striker[_1_]

"Jack Hollis" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:43:32 +1100, "Diabolik"
wrote:

As far as lifestyle, there is no comparison between living in a city like
Florence, or Bologna (and there are many of these "large towns" in Europe)
compared to a dump like NY.

LOL, there are some pretty bad areas in NYC, but nothing that compares
to Italy. When you go to some of the bad areas in an Italian city
it's like going back to the Middle Ages. I remember walking in
Italian cities and worrying about getting the plague.

There are some nice cities in Europe that are relatively free of bad
areas, but that ain't in Italy. There are areas in Italy that could
only be considered Third World.

You sure are a true IDIOT

Old January 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

I can't tell where you don't read well or just can't follow a train
of thought.

Jefferson N. Glapski wrote:
wrote in message
Some of the nicest things in SF are just outside of SF,

Say, What?!?

like Sausalito, San Rafael, Muir Woods, **** like that.

None is here

That's because it is outside of SF.

That's what I said. Pay attention.

If you've never heard of the Muir Woods, that is your problem.

Not only did I not say that, I've been there several times over the
years.

Sorry, I travel like a human, not some European death camp victim.

I wonder whether anyone knows what that means?

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
Truth is a torch that gleams through the fog without dispelling it.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

Old January 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:19:50 -0800, SMS
wrote:

Carl Banks wrote:

Miami? Must be bait.

I guess they went in the winter, if they enjoyed the weather, but the
quality of restaurants in Miami is so far below places like NYC and San
Francisco, that it's hard to believe that Miami made the list. I think
that they may be confusing Miami, with Miami Beach, two separate, and
very different cities.

They are no longer different cities. They are both now part of
Miami-Dade.

Old January 10th, 2007, 10:32 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:26:18 +1100, "Diabolik"
wrote:

"Jefferson N. Glapski" wrote in
message news:knCoh.122721$YV4.89498@edtnps89...
"Diabolik" wrote in message

"Jefferson N. Glapski" wrote in
message newshBoh.122695$YV4.101229@edtnps89...

What is Europe's solution to this? Set up concentration camps?

That's history for us, 60 years ago, we're over concentration camps.

Yugoslavian death camps were 60 years ago?

I'm refering to Western Europe.

Changing the playing field as it suits you?

Yugoslavia was ruled by a communist.

So East Germany isn't part of Europe?

Old January 11th, 2007, 01:46 AM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Christian

In article ,
says...
So you don't find it interesting when Europeans think that there is such
a thing as a "typical" American city?

I find it funny. But understandable.