Excurions for Panama Canal Cruise?

Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Excurions for Panama Canal Cruise?

Hi all

In just a few month my parents and I will be cruising on the Coral
Princess to the Panama Canal. Right now we are doing research on
excursions. Mainly at this point looking for sightseeing tours that
last 2 to 4 hours. so that we have some time on our own. So far this
what we have found.

Cozumel, Mexico - Cozumel Tours - http://www.cozumeltours.com/ (after
several tries of contacting this company in regards to making a
reservation my step-dad has no luck - their website states that the
internet service there can be problematic and if at first you don't
succeed in contacting them to try again)
Limon, Costa Rica - Oscar Brown Tours -
http://oscarbrowntours.com/tours.htm (recommended in another message on
this newsgroup)

If you have any experience with either company, good or bad, please
reply. In addition if you have any other suggestions for tours there or
in Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios, Jamaica your reply would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Michael

Old January 24th, 2007, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

wrote:
[...]

Michael, I'm the one who recommended Oscar Brown in Costa Rica. As I
said, the company was professional, friendly, and knowledgeable, and
they lived up to everything that was promised.

In Grand Cayman I'd suggest Captain Marvin for a Stingray City tour,
http://www.captainmarvins.com, and in Ocho Rios we had a great day with
Peat Taylor, http://www.geocities.com/peattaylor/index.html.

Best of luck! Let us know what you decide, and then please post a
report after your cruise.

~ Peri

Old January 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Karen Henelde

Hi Michael,

My husband and I used Oscar Brown Tours when we were in Costa Rica for our
Panama Canal cruise last month. They were professional and helpful every
step of the way. I've since recommended them, and feel comfortable in
continuing to do so. Have a wonderful cruise. The Panama Canal is a
wonderful cruise itinerary.

Karen
Owings Mills, MD

ps.com...