Smokers are killing the planet

Old December 12th, 2007, 06:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Mike..[_2_]

Default Smokers are killing the planet

Following up to Go Fig wrote:

That's beside the point,

No, it is exactly the point!

you replied to my statement of a principal I judge by, you are talking
about individuals countries *laws*, probably just the US. Clearly my
principal is in direct opposition to drug laws (and for US alone, gun
laws). Driving would not really come into it.

especially getting hung up on Kings and
Queens (who have no power). I'm not talking about what the law says in
any country, I'm talking about principals.

... however closed minded you are.

ROFL

As we pay for the roads many times over there's no reason to regard
driving as a privilege granted by politicians, we merely should
require them to make sure all drivers are competent to remove
excessive risk to third parties.

You clearly have a poor understanding of U.S. Constitutional law.

ive little interest in or knowledge of US constitutional law, i'm not
even talking about the US specifically.

The principal was that govts should only stop people from doing things
that harm *others*, not that harm themselves.

hence controls on guns and bad driving.

gun ownership is a Right... not
granted by some King or Queen or even the peoples representatives...

this is just so much old bollox. You made a law when you started,

Nope, and it is a very unique distinction.

its certainly uniquely the USs problem. If the US is in a striaght
jacket so be it, as I say, my point was not addressed to the US.

you
got it wrong. It wasn't handed down by god or something. Americans
need to get over regarding the constitution with unquestioning awe. In
any case you do change it on occasion. Change it again.

"The Bill of Rights" has not been changed or amended.

So no changes have been made of a type that could be used to remove or
limit the right to bear arms?
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old December 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
BuYourCrapHere.Com

On 10 Dec, 19:34, Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:
On the particular moment of Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:46:27 +0000 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, Mike.....
put forth:

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

usually
when some USB device has been disconnected while it was sleeping.

it doesnt like that sort of thing, does it.

Apparently they assuming you switch all peripherals off before the PC
gets around to shutting down.

The best version of Windows can still be written, but not while they
focus on gay stupid 3D ****. Just make the thing robust and reliable
FFS. Hell, I'd even pay the overrich ****s for it.

why ? ubuntu....

Old December 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Doesn't Frequently Mop

On the particular moment of Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:05:57 -0800 (PST) in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy,
"BuYourCrapHere.Com" put forth:

wrote:

usually
when some USB device has been disconnected while it was sleeping.

it doesnt like that sort of thing, does it.

Apparently they assuming you switch all peripherals off before the PC
gets around to shutting down.

The best version of Windows can still be written, but not while they
focus on gay stupid 3D ****. Just make the thing robust and reliable
FFS. Hell, I'd even pay the overrich ****s for it.

why ? ubuntu....

Oh the joy that is Linux. Now where can I find video drivers?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com