toilet question

Old October 21st, 2004, 01:25 AM
bogus address

ok... here's a NEW public toilet question....
where have you encountered the neatest or most unusual toilets?

The bus station in Fethiye, Turkey; about ten years ago, so it may
have changed. It was run by a wildly eccentric elderly couple who
took fantastic pride in their loo. Aseptic enough to do brain
surgery in it, flowers everywhere, and dozens of framed fan letters
from all over the world on the walls.

Not a public loo, but my "devotion to loo-cleaning beyond the call
of duty" award goes to the supervisor when I worked as a cleaner in
the Auckland central telephone exchange 30 years ago. The trick he
recommended to me for dealing with those really stubborn stuck-on
bits of **** was to use his fingernail. I can't recall if we shook
hands when being introduced.

East Lothian seems to have the cleanest public loos in Scotland.
The absolute pits is the gents in Perth bus station; this is where
Brian Souter's Stagecoach privatized bus empire started, and is
only a few hundred yards from the church he goes to. (He and his
co-owner sister are raving fundie homophobes who have pumped wads
of their ill-gotten dosh into gaybashing political campaigns).
As well as being dark and filthy beyond belief with most of the
fittings broken, this loo has the densest collection of "I have
eight inches, meet me here for cock fun at 3pm on Friday" graffiti
I've ever seen. It might be interesting to correlate the times
of the assignations with Church of the Nazarene services.

Rutherford's Bar in Edinburgh is where Robert Louis Stevenson used
to drink and presumably pee. The loo seems to be unchanged since
he used it - like a big shower cubicle, with a tiled floor and a
gutter round the edge.

Marion here thinks the ultimate luxurious ladies' loo is the one
in Gerbeaud's in Budapest (we were there in 1991, I doubt they've
changed it).

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Old October 21st, 2004, 01:37 AM
Tom Bellhouse

Sorry, all, I just re-posted Miguel's link intending to forward it to a
friend. I wanted to ask for more info about the facility. Where is it?
I love it!

Tom
=======
"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
anonymous wrote:
ok... here's a NEW public toilet question....

where have you encountered the neatest or most unusual toilets?

Here's my favorite:

http://www.geekissues.org/c/5677

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents:

http://travel.u.nu

Old October 21st, 2004, 03:28 AM
Dave Smith

Magda wrote:

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:14:35 -0600, in rec.travel.europe, erilar
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Are there other countries besides France where a hole in the floor is
... considered a woman's toilet??

Hey, no discrimination !! Men are allowed to use them.

And no complaints about leaving the seat up :-)