carry passport or copy

Old April 4th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:32:56 -0800, Gomezz wrote:

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn"
wrote in message
news:1gu8w7c.1bi7k261msat8gN%this_address_is_for_s ...
Emilia wrote:

[]
I would strongly advice you not to leave your passport (or other

valuables)
"well hidden" in your suitcase. Professional thieves already know where
these hidding places are. I suggest you leave it in the hotel only if

you
have use of a safe.

I usually leave mine on the beside table.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net

What's a "beside table"?

It's the little table that's beside the bed.
--
Tim C.
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

The Rev Gaston wrote:

Aargh - like that irritating advert "formulated and controlled by
Laboratoires Garnier Paris".

G;

Garnier laboratories are not in Paris, but in Saint-Ouen, and their
plant is in the western Yvelines département :-)

Now THAT'S irritating advertising :-)

--
inversez "kertanguy" et "de" pour me joindre

Old April 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

Earl Evleth wrote:

The French tend to rely on
a history of documents.

Which gets a *tough* hassle if your parent's documents are like my
mother's: she was born in Belgian Congo during British occupation
(WWII)... her mother was a Polish Jewess who had fled Poland. Go and try
to find documents in such a case :-)

--
inversez "kertanguy" et "de" pour me joindre