Buying Presents for Someone Abroad

Old November 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
W. eWatson

Default Buying Presents for Someone Abroad

Sending presents abroad from the USA to say Germany or Middle East countries
is costly and slow. Possibly Amazon or some like business can help. I'm sure
there's a UK Amazon, but is it worth the effort to work through them or others?
--
W. eWatson

Old November 30th, 2008, 05:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air
louis14

"W. eWatson" wrote in message
Sending presents abroad from the USA to say Germany or Middle East
countries is costly and slow. Possibly Amazon or some like business can
help. I'm sure there's a UK Amazon, but is it worth the effort to work
through them or others?

This is not the right newsgroup for this question, but, for what it's worth,
I have ordered stuff from Amazon UK and it usually arrives here in Australia
about a week later. I am sure they will do it as a gift delivery. With the
pound the way it is, the UK is about the best place to buy stuff at the
moment.

Old November 30th, 2008, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air
W. eWatson

louis14 wrote:
"W. eWatson" wrote in message
Sending presents abroad from the USA to say Germany or Middle East
countries is costly and slow. Possibly Amazon or some like business can
help. I'm sure there's a UK Amazon, but is it worth the effort to work
through them or others?

This is not the right newsgroup for this question, but, for what it's worth,
I have ordered stuff from Amazon UK and it usually arrives here in Australia
about a week later. I am sure they will do it as a gift delivery. With the
pound the way it is, the UK is about the best place to buy stuff at the
moment.

Yes, it's more or less OT. Well, from your comment, it looks like it might work.

--
W. eWatson

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Old December 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_4_]

W. eWatson wrote:
Sending presents abroad from the USA to say Germany or Middle East
countries is costly and slow. Possibly Amazon or some like business can
help. I'm sure there's a UK Amazon, but is it worth the effort to work
through them or others?

www.amazon.de
www.amazon.fr
www.amazon.co.uk etc

No idea about the Middle East though.

Old December 2nd, 2008, 05:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Tom P wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:

Sending presents abroad from the USA to say Germany or Middle East
countries is costly and slow. Possibly Amazon or some like business can
help. I'm sure there's a UK Amazon, but is it worth the effort to work
through them or others?

www.amazon.de
www.amazon.fr
www.amazon.co.uk etc
No idea about the Middle East though.

The worst thing about sending a present abroad
is when the recipient has to pay customs duty.
Finding a supplier in the target country will
certainly avoid this.

As already stated above there is an amazon
in Germany, although I think the EU does
not levy customs duty on books. Amazon
will certainly send to another address for
you. Other suppliers may insist, for anti-
fraud reasons in sending only to you.